3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Just my luck....  (Read 149 times)

Offline brill16hockey

• Trad Bowhunter
Just my luck....
« on: November 03, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »
So I sat in the woods from sun up to sun down on saturday, and saw 2 does the entire time.  Other than that I saw 3 random little children walk through the woods, a dirt bike, a tractor with a trailer full of people, and one gorgeous buck standing in the middle of the road when I pulled out of the parking lot.  So this morning we had an in service day at the school I am student teaching at.  I am a phys ed major and we usually lift and run before school on in service days, so I was there at 6 a.m.  I left for my run at 7 and picked a nice little 3.5 mile trail that goes around the schools campus.  As I crest a hill I spook a doe from here to tomorrow.  I stopped to watch her run off and as I turned to my left I see a GIGANTIC 10 pt crest the hill, nose on the ground grunting every step.  The buck walked 10 feet from me and never stopped.  I was wearing bright colors standing in the wide open and I had to smell like something terrible after all I had ran.  I could have smacked it with a stick!  So as I'm excited to see this buck chasing I hurry home after school to get to one of my favorite rut spots and what do I see?  A turkey!  Brutal last few days.

Offline mdwatts

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just my luck....
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »
Tough luck, dude....
Best regards in traditional,
Marion

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©