3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I found him  (Read 170 times)

Offline longbawl

• Trad Bowhunter
I found him
« on: November 05, 2008, 12:46:00 PM »
Here's the story Last Wednesday PM I shot at a nice buck he droped an spun. I found my arrow clean. But found a good bit of blood. I tracked the deer for 100yds then no blood. I thought i cut his shoulder or maybe neck. Any way yesterday after my morning stand. I thought i would scout a little. After walking 200yds  to my left i saw a spike running. He stoped as if something was wrong. I thought i was busted then i thought no way. Then i heard that thump of a deer stomping its hoof. I slowly turned to my right and there was a doe looking me in the face at 30yds. But she didnt seem to be looking at me. The spike turned to his right an looked. So i turned my head to my left slowly and at 25yds there he stood the same buck i shot. With a nice crease across his shoulder. He started to walk toward the doe that would have giving me a 20yd broadside shot. I slowly put my tab on the string and turned for the shot. The spike saw me and blew and ran. The doe ran past me toward the spike and the buck followed   :banghead:   . I went back to that spot yesterday afternoon. saw several does and right before dark i saw him agian. That told me where i needed to be this morning. I will tell you about this mornings hunt after i go hunting this afternoon. I will say this luck is on his side.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I found him
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 12:52:00 PM »
Good ending it is hard when your never sure if they made it with a bad shot.Glad for you.Kip

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »
Good piece of mind right there!
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline longbawl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 06:49:00 PM »
I had him 3 times with in 15 yds this morning but no shot. He was chasing does this afternoon. I know it happens but i hate to miss or hit one bad.I was very happy to see him. Will im going back after them tomorrow If i get one i will post a pic Im hunting with a bow i made 1st year i have made them. And i want to shoot one bad i have passed up a bunch of small bucks and does.
Good luck All

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 09:13:00 PM »
Good to hear he's up and chasing does. Keep after him and we will be seeing a pic of you with him. Good luck!
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©