3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: archery headgear....  (Read 667 times)

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: archery headgear....
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »
This is my favorite in a long line of hats purchased from wherever I could find one. Got it from Peter Bros. in Ft. Worth, Tx.

It's their "Bulletproof" model. Hand made to fit.

My first hat came from my grandfather when I was just a boy. He wore one everday of his life and after a couple years wearing his hand me down I knew why.

Comfortable, keeps the rain off your neck and the sun out of your eyes.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008, 12:23:00 PM »
I use a hat similar to Charlies for the same reasons as his for the last 30 plus years.The last one I got was in Santa Fe had a short brim should have bought a half dozen to get me through my lifetime.When too hot in La. I also use a boonie.Kip

Offline trapperzeke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008, 12:34:00 PM »
I have a reversible fleece "radar" hat with the short brim.  If it's too warm for that, I like a boonie, but the string-touching-brim thing messes with my concentration, too.  So usually it's just a full facemask.  Just this season I got a ghillie-style boonie that works very well for concealment, but takes alot of getting use to, having those little danglies in my peripheral vision.

Offline Sarah

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
The cycling cap is made by a company called Walz. I got it at a local bike shop, but you can order them online at their website (which can be found with a simple google search).

The flexible brim is awesome, and I don't have a problem shooting with it flipped up or down. The ear flap can also be flipped up.

:)

Offline Scott S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »
I'll have to check into that cycling cap too.

I switch between 3 hats depending on temperature:

I wear a cloth boonie early in the season then switch to a wool boonie (by Columbia) as it gets cooler, then a radar-type cap when it's even colder outside.  I like a brim (short, though) to hide my eyes from the deer as I hunt from the ground.
"The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered." Gen 9:2

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »
doo rag when its warm, my favorite fedora a lot and either a radar style cap or knitt hattt when it gets cold. you can find some great deals at Wallmart after hunting season. radar style hats and knitt hats go for just a few dollors, i buy them every year around that time.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©