3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Algoma Traditional Archers of West Michigan?  (Read 1269 times)

Offline last arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
Algoma Traditional Archers of West Michigan?
« on: January 02, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »
I seen this club listed as an affiliate in District 5 (West Michigan) of the Michigan United Conservation Club (MUCC).  Does anyone have any information on this club such as what they do and where they are located?  I'm looking for a group of like minded people to shoot with, and am hoping they have a range or get together in West Michigan.  Your help is appreciated.
"all knowledge is good. All knowledge opens doors. Ignorance is what closes them." Louis M. Profeta MD

"We must learn to see and accept the whole truth, not just the parts we like." - Anne-Marie Slaughter

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Offline luv2bowhunt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Algoma Traditional Archers of West Michigan?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »
I have not heard of this club either... now you got me interested too.

Anyone??

Kevin.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 09:44:00 PM »
Try going to the Kalamazoo Trad Expo at the K-zoo fair grounds. You might meet representatives to one of these clubs. I'm looking for the same thing on my side of the state. I think West Olive is near Holland?
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline JimmyC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
Hey guys,

The Algoma Archers is a rather informal group.  I should say , a VERY informal group of friends, mainly in the North Grand Rapids area (Sparta, Rockford,Sand Lake, etc) that get together once or twice a year to hang out.  Our common and major bond is with and through Michigan Traditional Bowhunters.  In other words, we are MTB guys that are local to each other.

There is no actual club house, range, meetings or otherwise (unless you consider a local diner who's waitresses can put up with a lot of goofy guys and gals a club house:)).  

So, if you look up Michigan Traditional Bowhunters, you'll find the club you're seeking.  Tons of upcoming events too, including a  rabbit hunt 1-20-07.  Check out the web page and PLEASE shoot me a PM/email with any questions.  Enjoy the winter!

Jim
"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly."--G.K. Chesterton

Offline Doug R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »
MTB member here, I've enjoyed getting together with other MTB members over the years. One was my first time ever Bear hunt in Canada. Some are rabbit hunts that we just get together and do.

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 08:01:00 AM »
I have to agree with Jimmy C, they are a bunch of goofy guys & gals   :D  , but are the ever a hoot to be around.
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline last arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »
Thanks everyone.  I will plan on stopping by the MTB booth in Kalamazoo.  

Maybe those of us in the South Grand Rapids, Lakeshore area need to get together and do something similiar, maybe with some informal shooting at one of the ranges.
"all knowledge is good. All knowledge opens doors. Ignorance is what closes them." Louis M. Profeta MD

"We must learn to see and accept the whole truth, not just the parts we like." - Anne-Marie Slaughter

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Offline luv2bowhunt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 09:45:00 AM »
Thanks for the info guys  :thumbsup:  

Looking forward to meeting some of you at the Kzoo trad expo.

Kevin.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©