3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Delete Please!!!!!!  (Read 357 times)

Offline The Ghost

• Trad Bowhunter
Delete Please!!!!!!
« on: November 06, 2008, 09:38:00 AM »
I am the proud new owner of a Dryad Orion Recurve and was just wondering what the owners of these bows or others thought of them. I noticed they have a short riser and couldn't tell for sure, are they center cut? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thx, Donald
Orion 58" 50#@28 "SWEET"
Grizzly 58" 45#@28
Howatt Bushmaster LB 55#@28

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Delete Please!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 10:56:00 AM »
Well I guess I qualify as an owner of the bow and the company.  LOL

The risers are 15" and they are cut approx 1/8 outside of center.  You will find that they like a spine about 15# heavier then the bow weight.

I'm sure others will chime in.

Mike

Here's a link to another Orion curve thread

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=066373
Mike Westvang

Offline The Ghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 07:51:00 PM »
Thx Wingnut for your words. If I can I would like to hear from some more about these bows.
PLEASE???....lol

Thx, Donald
Orion 58" 50#@28 "SWEET"
Grizzly 58" 45#@28

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 08:05:00 PM »
All I have for right now is one of Mike's FB longbow blanks - and man does this thing shoot!!  I'm sure the other bows are just as refined (well, no doubt more refined... ) and exacting in standards to many of the top name bows on the market.

Hands down I will purchase another bow from Mike -my blank is one of my favorite bows.

Chris
Support the sport!

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »
I love mine. Fast and quiet. Be careful while bracing. I about screwed mine up using a cheap stringer instead of the one that 'mike and Jason supplied.   I am shooting a variety of arrows from mine with good results.  Still haven't hooked up on any animals with it but I'm heading for ks next week for a week or so. Just hoping the weather and deer corroperate.

Offline The Ghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
That's what I want to hear give me more. I know there has to be more of these bows out there...lol.

Thx
Orion 58" 50#@28 "SWEET"
Grizzly 58" 45#@28

Offline Peckerwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
Donald , I just got my Orion recurve on Monday. I first shot one at Denton Hill this summer and was amazed at how quiet it was with no silencers. I returned several more times that weekend to shoot it some more and make sure it wasn't new bow syndrome. I had no intentions of ordering a new bow but gave in to temptation.  I have owned or shot most of the top bows made and would rank the Orion recurve at the top . The bow has all the qualities I look for in a bow: stable, quiet, and good speed. I haven't been able to experiment to much but I am shooting the same arrows (675 gr.) that I shoot out of my ACS that is 2 lbs. heavier and notice no difference in trajectory.
 I predict that you are going to enjoy your Orion.

PS. Did I mention that the bow is quiet?
Bill
NO matter where you go there you  are !

Offline The Ghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 09:22:00 PM »
Oh yeah keep it coming.
Orion 58" 50#@28 "SWEET"
Grizzly 58" 45#@28

Offline p1choco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »
Bill pretty much said it.  Quiet, quick, and stable.  While my heavier Adcock LB smokes an arrow with authority, so does the Orion recurve although The Adcock is about 5lbs heavier, the Orion isn't trailing too far behind in the speed arena.  I will second the use of a good stringer!  Might run into some twist issues otherwise.  Add some silencers to an already quite bow for a whisper soft thud.
Patriotism is easy to understand in America; it means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.

- Calvin Coolidge

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©