3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ordered my KME Broadhead and Knife sharpener today  (Read 526 times)

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
Ordered my KME Broadhead and Knife sharpener today
« on: November 07, 2008, 10:45:00 PM »
I like many others have been struggling with getting a sharp (scary sharp) broadhead. I can do my knives ok, but i thought to myself .... self you have been beating yourself up about this subject for toooo long  :saywhat:  ...very funny I thought. You see living in the north means you need to order many things online and the shipping kills us (plus our dollar)and the service up here SUCKS.

So when I heard some of the comments on the board about Ron and his product I was convinced it was a good move. I am always willing to spend good money on a quality products and I am sure I did it here.

Anyway thanks to all the great comments I think I am onto something here  :thumbsup:  .

Jer Bear

Offline L82HUNT

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ordered my KME Broadhead and Knife sharpener today
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 05:28:00 AM »
He has a awesome product!!   Love mine.

Offline Lin Rhea

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 05:57:00 AM »
Ron does a have a great product. I recommend his sharpeners and him. Lin
"We dont rent pigs." Augustus McCrae
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Dwyer Dauntless longbow 50 @ 28
Ben Pearson recurve 50 @ 28
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28
McCullough Griffin longbow 43@28

Offline EIGHTWGT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 07:40:00 AM »
You will be thrilled with it.  The sharpener works - period. After a being upset trying to sharpen grizzly heads - I got one -  what a differance this tool made.  I would suggest to anyone - get one...
" Hunt like the Owl - move only your head and your eyes "

Offline Longbow rookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 11:17:00 AM »
You're going to get a lot of use out of the KME products.  They're  well built and they work!  

Ron is a class act and like you said he really wants to see his customers/friends get the results they want.

He talked me through a tune-up session the other night and my Grizzlies were scary sharp when I was done.  I was amongst the "sharpening challenged" until I started using KME.  

Ron's going to be angry at me because he's so damn humble but who cares....ha!!  

Enjoy....good hunting!

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »
You will not be disappointed. Ron and the rest of the KME crew are great people that stand behind a great product.
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
I've had a KME broadhead sharpener for a few years and love it. Just ordered a knife sharpener yesterday. Ron is currently experiencing some supply problems for quality stones, as he won't sell anything not American made or not of finest quality, so there could be a small delay in delivery, I'm not sure. Ron is the best, the kind of guy you could send a blank check to and know absolutely he'd not fill it out for a penny more than due. Dave

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 04:51:00 PM »
He is the best, I am using his stones now and I have to call him so he can talk me thru some things! Shawn
Shawn

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 07:42:00 AM »
I got mine from 3 Rivers yesterday. I thought I had sharp broadheads before, but with the KME they are absolutely scary sharp. There is not much hair left on my forearms! I just got the jig, not the whole kit, because I already had good sharpening stones, but I am very pleased with the difference that the KME jig makes. It is worth the money.  :thumbsup:
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »
Got my KME knife sharpener and used it for the first time last night. Once you figure it out, which isn't so hard even through there are several parts, it's downright fun. I found myself raiding my wife's kitchen for more knives to sharpen. Can't wait to try it on broadheads, even though I have a KME broadhead sharpener. With both, I am in awe of the intricate and inventive engineering that went into these little tools, so that the end product is easy to use and virtually fool-proof (I am the test of that). It's interesting how certain products -- bows, broadheads, sharpeners -- come up here over and over. That's not coincidental ... as more of us discover them, the excitement is renewed again and again. In a world of shoddy junk made to break, it's SO refreshing to discover good old-fashioned American quality. Thanks, Ron Sharpster. DAve

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »
You made an excellent choice with your purchase. I own the knife sharpener and just love how well it works and how simple it is to use. Ron sure is one class act for sure to do business with. I'm proud to call him my friend too.
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 10:42:00 AM »
great buy ya made!  ron is top notch and his sharpeners are phenominal!  

more then the product, ron and the crew make the company...people say any company will do fine with great products but top that with awsome customer care and your a winner.  ive spent alot of time with ron in person and on the phone and ya know what you wont find a better person on this site!

Online champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 10:43:00 AM »
OK, you guys just talked me into one of these. I have a hard time getting to the razor Sharp, Is there a # or web-site ? Thanks
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 11:36:00 AM »
Are you guys sure you don't have me confused with someone else?  :saywhat:  

Thanks very much.  :notworthy:

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 12:12:00 PM »
I have it now...WOW...My buddy borrowed it to sharpen his PUMA knife...couldn't believe how easy it was.

I took off the braodheads from my Elite Arrows order and sharpened them and they are like razors now.

This is a great product...thanks Ron

Jer Bear

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 12:13:00 PM »
P.S. Ron if you can't be handsome you have to be handy...Tee hee    :p    

Jer Bear

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »
can one be used to sharpen both knives and heads?

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »
Dave,

That's a short question with a long answer...

Basically the knife sharpener can do both knives and two blade broadheads but you wouldn't want to sharpen any "out of the pack" laminated broadhead with it. They need some serious stock removal the first time you sharpen them. The knife sharpener is a honing tool not a grinding tool. After a laminated head has been ground or file sharpened once, then it's no different than sharpening a knife and the knife sharpener will tune them easily.

The broadhead sharpener is a dedicated tool designed to sharpen two blade broadheads, bleeder blades, and replacement blades. Not for knives though.

Give me a call if you have any other questions. thanks,

Ron
800 561-4339
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Papa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 02:42:00 PM »
I will show my ignorance.  Would a stos be a laminated broadhead?  I have been having a hard time with them no matter what I try.  I have almost everything that KME sell and I am still challenged.  I must not be meant to use things that you have to sharpen.  I even have some huge diamond stones.

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 04:23:00 PM »
Papa,

Yes, the STOS is a laminated broadhead and can be tough to get sharp the first time. You're on the right track with the diamonds though. Sending you a PM.

Ron

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©