3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison ILF question  (Read 276 times)

Offline Lewis Brookshire III

• Trad Bowhunter
Morrison ILF question
« on: November 09, 2008, 09:54:00 PM »
I have a 14" Morrison ILF riser coming soon and am still trying to figure this whole ILF thing out.

Anyone have an idea of what length bow I would have with Short limbs? What about Medium and long?
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot: Missionary/Martyr.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison ILF question
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 10:05:00 PM »
54", 56", 58"
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 10:37:00 PM »
of course vermon nailed it.  I have a pair of KAP Challenger Carbons short 32#.  On my 14" Morrison they give me 45#@28". I have a AMO 28" draw.  Mr Average.  I been shooting it a BH of 7&1/4". I built a TS1 string and left the fuzzy ends on the loop braid, out string jacks at 1/4, 1/2.  I put limbs savers on the limbs.  I got a nice little "thunk" on release.

with redline 520 cut 29" i am getting low 190fps which is good for my draw lenght.

Most of the ilf limbs I have tried on the riser gsve me from 10 to 12 pounds over legend draw wieghts.

hope this helps

btw - if you try other ilf limbs than Morrison, don't force them in and check to see that the butt end of the limb is not force against the end of the riser pocket.  I gotta try before you buy.  since the morrison is a key hole attachment, they have to be cut for a specific ilf fitting.  not all ilf fittings are the same by a long shot.

rusty

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »
I have a Mini 14 myself. It is the all phenolic riser that I had film dipped in predator deception and Vermonster13 has it correct 54",56",58". Unless you go with the Morrison A limbs they will make a 52" bow, max draw length of 26". I have some Sebastian Flute recurve limbs now but will be selling them when my Morrison longbow limbs are ready. I'm waitng on some foam core carbon backed limbs with canebrake skins that will make a 58" longbow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©