3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How loud is Sitka?  (Read 191 times)

Offline edmund

• Trad Bowhunter
How loud is Sitka?
« on: November 10, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »
Hi I'm thinking about geting the celsius jacket, but I worry it might be loud. I own several soft shell skiing jackets and all of them make noise. So if some sitka owners could chime in about the product that would be great.
Thanks Aaron
work is something you do in your spare time!

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How loud is Sitka?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 04:34:00 PM »
Dunno but I bought the Sleeping Indian wool clothes in Grey (snow camo) and they are warm and silent

Jer Bear

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 04:38:00 PM »
Louder than wool but not much.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline overbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 06:42:00 PM »
I found it unexceptable for my taste.Dosen't soften the sound of branches slapping against it as well as other materials.

Offline Lone archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »
For out west elk hunting I found it to be the perfect layering system the noise was managable. But for whitetails in the northeast alittle on the noisy side I repeat alittle. When on stand you will hear it everytime you move your back against the bark or your sleeve contacts your side. Never tried celsius but the 90% jacket and vest and ascent pants even with the baselayers did not cut the breeze enough to wear under 45-50 degrees without moving often like elk hunting. Early bow season for sure.

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »
For south georgia and alabama i love it..i'm primarily a deer hunter and have noticed no problems with the noise..
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 06:49:00 AM »
I don't have any of the celsius but I do have the 90% and the noise level is very low. I love the stuff, the layering system is great and I can hunt well down into the 20's and upper teens.

I think temps will very from person to person and the wind will change things but I have not had any problems at all with the wind getting through my stuff and the 90% is very water repellent if you get caught in a down pour.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »
The outer material for the celsius line is more textured than the 90% making it even more quite. I have not used the celsius extensively yet, but like how it is performing so far. Mike

Offline edmund

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 09:35:00 AM »
Thanks guys I have some one the way.
work is something you do in your spare time!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©