3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Corpus Christi  (Read 258 times)

Offline nightowl1

• Trad Bowhunter
Corpus Christi
« on: November 10, 2008, 11:52:00 PM »
Does anyone live near or know a place to hunt or shoot in the area? I'm starting a job down there and will have days where I want have enough time to travel home but too much to waste inside.
Combo Hunter 46@28

I came from nothing and I brought it with me.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Corpus Christi
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 06:44:00 AM »
I live inland from Corpus a couple of hours. I did live in Corpus for awhile. Actually I lived in Flour Bluff and surfed a lot. I'd advise a bowfishing setup. Not much around Corpus to hunt. South is King Ranch but that's about all. I'm an Outfitter(7th Age Bowhunting) and I'll help if you want to travel a couple hours inland. email is  [email protected]  CK

Offline nightowl1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 09:12:00 AM »
Is there anywhere to bowfish from the bank or shore? I would love to come hunt with you just not a good time for that luxury.
Combo Hunter 46@28

Offline nightowl1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 09:46:00 AM »
btw what is legal to shoot?
Combo Hunter 46@28

Offline WestTnMan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 11:10:00 AM »
Been going down there 25 years. Corpus is "up north" for my wifes family. There is no public hunting down there. All big $$ leases. Mabey you will hook up with the right person and they will tell you something I don't know or take you somewhere. I have never had any luck. Some of the javalina and hog hunts can be cheap. You will pay to hunt down there. My brother in law has a dance hall there, the High Chaparrel, in Robbstown. Go over there one weekend, fun time.
Gen 27:3 "Take your hunting gear, your quiver and bow, and go out into the field to hunt some game for me."

Online Bob T.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 02:51:00 PM »
Coby, If you are looking for a range to shoot at check this out  http://www.tejasbowmen.com/  
This is a NFFA outdoor range. It is set up for wheels ,but they do have some stick shooters. Membership is $50.00 a year. Last year they had a TBOT trad. shoot in Feb. My wife & I spent Feb & Mar. in C.C. last year & I joined the club to have a place to shoot. Will do the same this year. I,ll send a email before we leave & maybe we can get together & loose a few arrows.
Bob

Offline Toklat1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »
There is a place for you to bow hunt down there.  It is called the Aransas National Wildlife refuge.  Tags are on a 1st come 1st serve basis.  There are archery hunts and firearms hunts.  I think the cost is $50.  Look up Texas national wildlife refuges & click on Aransas NWR.   You will have to get up high though.  There are some nice bucks down there.  there are always slots open for archery. Tough hunt but hey, at least you can get out hunting.  There are hogs also and Javelina. cant shoot the javelina. Watch out for the gators too, They are there!
Mark Griffin
USAF Retired
1981-2001

"When a Man comes to the mountains, He comes home." John Muir

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline nightowl1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 09:19:00 AM »
Hey guys thanks for the info. I will definitly be expecting an e-mail Mr. Bob. I'm going to check out that NWR. $50 isn't that bad of a deal for a hunt.
Combo Hunter 46@28

Offline Bowman0202

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 01:07:00 AM »
Aransas National Wildlife Refuge has a hunt for the first 10 days of bow season.  This year it was Sept 29 - Oct-9 I believe.  Missed it for the first time in 5 years due to aftermath of Hurricane Ike.  GREAT place to hunt. Cost is $60.00.  If you're going to be here in '09, PM me and I'll give you the particulars.  My favorite place to hunt. No baiting, just wild, wild thick brush covered with alligators, bobcats, good deer, hawgs - big, and a few billion mosquitoes most years. The bowhunters safety course is offered during Sept. which I usually help teach there.  Gives an extra weekend of scouting and some good tips from fellow who have hunted the Refuge before.
IBEP Instructor

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 10:33:00 AM »
Well, if you want to travel to Del Rio, this is a nice place for bowhunting during the deer season. The Amistad NRA. Cost is only $20. Check it out.

http://www.nps.gov/amis/planyourvisit/hunting.htm
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©