3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SEMO HOG HUNT-ROLL CALL  (Read 5484 times)

Offline twig

• Trad Bowhunter
SEMO HOG HUNT-ROLL CALL
« on: March 04, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »
I hope everyone got home safely and without problems. I guess the thing that I enjoyed the most about the event was the comming together of the trad gang members that I had read and finally got to meet. We gotta have more events to get us together. You call I will haul. I TALKED TO Citori just before I left and he was feeling much better.NOW...for the purpose of this thread-- Please add your name to the roll call so we all can have a record of who was there. I being the oldest, have a problem remembering everyone, and this will help a lot. Also we will know if everyone got home safely. Thanks to all of you. I am very proud to meet you. Twig.

Offline twig

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SEMO HOG HUNT-ROLL CALL
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »
I just wanted to add that I really appreciate ,as many of you have said, the complete and total effort, that Citori made to accomodate all of us. I, being from the area, know how much work he did(mostly by himself). The locating, Corn runs, food, info ect. YOU DA MAN.Thanks.   Twig

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
Glad to have been a part of it.  I had a great time!  The new friends I met, the beautiful country we hunted, the wonderful food and the time spent with a great bunch of folks, made for a very memorable trip.  I can't thank everyone enough for their time and effort to make this thing come together.  Hope to share a campfire with you all in the future!

Chris

Offline Deerhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »
Deerhntr, Mitch Wikerson is home safe and sound. Ryan has made it home also and Steve Voodoofire is heading to a friends house in KY.

I had a great time and enjoyed meeting every one of you all and as Twig said this is something we need to do more often. The hunting and food was the best even if those darn Hogs are smarter than we are. Also want to thank Bill Everett, Mobiltoy  for his help with showing us around the country down there. I'm looking forward to hunting with many of you again.
Cancer must have a crooked shootin bow cus it ain't kilt me yet.

Offline T-Mac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »
Home from the 1st annual(hope, hope)SEMO hog hunt and want to report that it was a wonderful time. Meet so many people that I will never remember their names. People gathered and shared from their hearts there knowledge and spirit for adventure. We talked bows, shooting, hunting, life and adventures. I want to thank Citori “Nathan” for all the hard work that he put into the event and believe me it was a event to be proud of. The food was fabulous and the hunts well thought out and prepared for. Old man weather did not corporate as will as we all had hoped, but that’s life in the woods. I now have several new friends that I feel I know must better then I did a week ago. Thanks Chris for the string-making lesson I can’t wait to put it to use. Shot at my first aerial targets notice I said “at”. Everyone was so kind and I think we all had a great time. I really hope this is only the first of many SEMO hog hunts. Maybe next time the hogs will come also. I know pictures are to come later as my son "tmccall" took a lot of them. So please stay tune for more to come. Thanks again to all who had anything to do with the success of this venture.

Tony McCall Sr.
Slow down and enjoy life.  It's not only the scenery you
miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where
you are going and why.
-   Eddie Cantor

Offline -Achilles-

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »
I am typing to you from the woods still on my lab top..I am lost AND I AM BEING CHASED BY A PACK OF WILD HOGS...HELP ME!!!!!!!  :knothead:  ....P.S. I had fun too and hope we can do this again...WITH BETTER WEATHER

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »
Well,

I dont know where to start.....I had a great time, and I hope that everyone else did also.

I got to meet, hunt, and shoot with some of the best men I have ever had the pleasure to meet!!!  I just wish I would not have been sick Saturday night....and missed the fellowship and food.  I hope to do it again.....I know that I would love to give it another shot again next year if everyone else is willing!

As far as hogs.....LOL....we get an A+++++ for effort!

I cant tell you all how much this weekend meant to me....it was what memories are made of!!!

I just wanted to tell you that it took each and everyone of you to make the weekend what it was....not just me!!!!  All I did was start a small ball rolling and it took off from there.

thanks
citori

Offline skeaterbait

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »
Well, we (Skeaterbait, Will and Jerry) made it home safe and sound, although a little slap happy from the day. It seems that Nathan weren't the only one to catch a bug this weekend, Will missed this mornings hunt and was still hurtin on the drive home.

Had a fantastic time this weekend. However, I am sorry to say that I can only put a couple of faces to names (not that I will forget anyone)but it seems that my brain loses the name before my hand is done shaking the other. You are all a stellar bunch and I look forward to seeing you all again.

I will be at MOJAM this year if any of you all will be making that run it would be great to say hello again. If any of you have never made it, I highly recommend it.
Skeater who?

Offline awesome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »
thanks to every one who was involved with this hunt every thing was perfect the food and the people. twig thanks to you i now own my first recurve i can`t hit anything yet but i can learn the tricks of the trade if you guys will offer some advice.     thanks once more citori
       thanks
    ryan austin (aka lost boy)

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 10:35:00 PM »
Had a great time,saw new territory and finaly got to put faces to some of the tradgang members,but just couldn't meet everyone.[too many to meet at once] Can't begin to say enough about the good eats. Phil is one hell of a cook, Thanks,  Ben
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline tmccall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 10:46:00 PM »
Just checking in...  we got home safe and sound.  Just so you can possibly attach a face to my Trag Gang Handle I was the big ugly guy driving the white Dodge with the camo stripes on the rear of the bed, (the preacher!)

The first annual SEMO Hog Hunt was a grand success.  I had a great time, met lots of great folks and really enjoyed myself.  (By the way Twig, I'm still looking for that Damascus glove and a spool of serving material!)  

I did take a few pictures and I will be posting them later on...  Right now I'm going to put in some quality family time.

BTW  I want to extend a special thanks to Citori for all he did!  I also want to thank Lefty for the string making lessons.

God Bless You All!

Tony McCall
Tony McCall

Jesus.  There is no other name...  Acts 4:12

Offline Deerhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 11:23:00 PM »
Pic #1. Shooting flying targets. A few guys did manage to hit it  

Offline Deerhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »
Three misses. Shooting at these flying targets was a blast. Thanks to Steve "Voodoofire" for bringing the thrower and targets. Jeff you missed that one clean.

Offline MURF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »
I was the young guy with the guy in the white dodge with the como stripes on the back it was great. i had fun and hope to be back next year

Offline Deerhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 11:53:00 PM »
Phil, the knife sharpener, fish cooker and target thrower operator. Thanks for slicking my knives up for me Phil. That fish was GOOOOD!!!

How many arrows can you see in this pic? Sorry no Hog pics. They're smarter than we were and the wind was blowing about 100 mph! LOL

Offline Deerhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »
John Bill the Deer killin, squirrel bustin, armadiller catchin, rat shootin 7 year old. This little man is a hunter. Good boy ya got there Little Bill.

Offline MURF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 01:02:00 AM »
any more pics

Offline -Achilles-

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 08:25:00 AM »
we really need some trad gang name stickers that say -hello, my name is -Achilles-

Offline twig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »
Achilles, if we all had name stickers that said" -hello, my name is -Achilles- then we would all have the same name and no one would still know who it was??????LOL

Offline keepemsharp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 09:18:00 AM »
Had a really fine time, got to see some different counrty and ate too much twice. It was good to meet you all, too many to keep faces and names straight. See ya, down the road may your shots be true and your trails short. keepemsharp, dave easton NE kansas.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©