3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SEMO HOG HUNT-ROLL CALL  (Read 5485 times)

Offline tmccall

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SEMO HOG HUNT-ROLL CALL
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2007, 10:43:00 PM »
Ariel targets were a blast!

My first ever!  We had a few hits but mostly we had lots of fun!

----

Steve (VoodooFire) provided the thrower, the targets and many of the flu-flus.  Here he is helping round them up.

Thanks, we had a great time!
Tony McCall

Jesus.  There is no other name...  Acts 4:12

Offline tmccall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »
A few more pics:

----

----

----

----
Tony McCall

Offline tmccall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2007, 10:56:00 PM »
That will just about do it for me...  I took 74 pics but these are the best of the bunch.  I'm sure there are others that have great pics too, I'm looking forward to seeing them.

I just want to say once more that I had a great time.  The food was excellent, the fellowship was even better, and the experience shared was well worth my time.  Each and every one of you deserves a pat on the back for helping make this an excellent time for all that were involved.  I look forward to doing it again -- although next year I think we should add a some dead pigs to the mix!  LOL  

Citori, Lefty, Nighthawk, Deerhunter, Mobiltoy, Keepemsharp, KSBowman, Twig and many others... I count it an honor to be able to number you among my friends and I hope to share a camp with you again in the future!

God Bless!!

Tony McCall
Tony McCall

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2007, 12:52:00 AM »
Thanks for all the great pictures.  As you can tell I am the big guy with the goatee(sp) and glasses with the coon skin quiver(thanks voodoofire!)sootin the widow long bow.  I know that I had the time of my life even if no hogs were shot....that would have just been the icing on the cake.  It was the guys that made the whole event!!!

The Corp of Engineers man that came and spoke was Dick Chinowith....he was "only there in an unofficial compacity"...LOL

I would like to thank all those who helped make the event a success.  Ozarkrambler(who was unable to attend), Twig, and Mobiltoy.  These guys helped me bait before the hunt. BobinTN for the great maps, and everyone else for just being there and bringing along a LOT of great food. I would like to also thank Phil(who can sharpen a knife better than anybody I know) who is my best friend and hunting buddy even if he is not a trad bow  shooter. LOL  He is a great buddy and also a wonderfull cook!

thanks
citori

Offline OzarkRamblr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2007, 05:32:00 AM »
Man, I'm still upset over missin' this. It looks like everyone had fun and that's what counts.
"A friend of mine said that I'm lucky, I told him luck has nothing to do with the life I chose, we choose the life we have and don't have, so choose wisely"...Kingwouldbe

Words to live by.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline twig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »

Offline gwhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »
2nd OzarkRamblr.  I am still green with envy.  Next Time for sure.  

OzarkRamblr, Do you know any McCurrys down in Poplar Bluff.  My wife's family is from there.  That is her Grandparent's name.
Jesus died for us!  Following him brings us closer to God.  Think about it!

Offline twig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »
Group pictures in a new thread

Offline twig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2007, 08:01:00 AM »

Offline twig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2007, 08:03:00 AM »
Originally posted by twig:

quote:
Originally posted by tmccall:
OK guys, I've got my pics processed and uploaded!  First off is the group shot.

If you see yourself in this or any other pic and can identify yourself so we can put a face with your handle, please do!
Twig- seated with blue shirt [/b]
"Deerhntr" Mitch Wilkerson is 6th from left [/b]
Voodofire- seated center of table
Mark Eaves-third from left looking over shoulder

Offline twig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2007, 09:34:00 AM »
Sorry for all the post, but I was trying to get the names to come out under the picture.Mabe we can do that when everyone puts their handle or name to the picture.

Offline Deerhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2007, 11:27:00 AM »
Ryan Austin "awsome" is second from the left.
Bill Everett "Mobiltoy" is 5th from the left.
Brent Moore first on left.
Bill Garver third from left.
Tony Mccall "Tmccall" in back with Cowboy hat.
Don't know his name or handle but I called him Kansas. He's in the yellow shirt.

Can anyone else help put names to the faces?
Cancer must have a crooked shootin bow cus it ain't kilt me yet.

Offline tmccall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »
I'm going to start another thread with just the group shot -- reply under it with your name, handle, and location in the pic but don't repost the pic.  Thanks!  Tony McCall
Tony McCall

Offline OzarkRamblr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »
Sent ya a PM Ben.
"A friend of mine said that I'm lucky, I told him luck has nothing to do with the life I chose, we choose the life we have and don't have, so choose wisely"...Kingwouldbe

Words to live by.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2007, 11:12:00 PM »
Finally got home..didnt have to work monday so I hung out in Manhattan for a day and shot a lot..Thanks to everyone that made it such a great weekend Nathan(citori) for all the work, Steve(voodoofire) for getting us addicted to aerials and that 90 lb long bow, tmccall for the ride saturday night, all the great cooks, and everyone else it was GREAT ..it was definetely worth the 12 hours on the road even if we didnt see any hogs..My only disappointment was the Fred Bear Museum closed at 430 on sundays so we didnt get to go there like planned and they put cheese on my steak sandwich at Hooters...lol..Hope everyone got home safe.. already looking forward to SEMO '08 and anyother tradgang gathering I get a chance to attend.

Offline dorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2007, 01:09:00 AM »
Letting everyone know that voodoofire1 steve hartley came by my place and spent a couple nights and is in lexington for another night tonight and will be home  wed night . glad you all had fun and looks like it would have been a blast .  :bigsmyl:
" If I fail trying my hardest did I really fail ? "

Jeff Dorris
11/16/1970 ~ 3/30/2010
Rest In Peace

Offline tmccall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2007, 11:07:00 PM »
Hey!  I was never lost,  I knew right where I was!   I just wasn't where I wanted to be...     :bigsmyl:
Tony McCall

Offline Voodoofire1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »
Well guys I just got back and settled in, Wow what a weekend, I can't remember when I've had such a good time, Nathan(citori), you sure put on one heck of a shindig, thank you! I bet I gained 10 pounds!lol, Guys I'm glad I got to meet each and every one of you, Glad you enjoyed the thrower too, they sure are fun, Shoot I'd be happy to make one up for next years give away,if there is one, whaddaya say Nathan, Semo 2008??  I sure would like to shoot one of those hogs!
 Jeff, thanks for the hospitality my friend!
TM, I'll try and bring some tracking collars for you fellers next year, lol,lol.
 Thanks for a great time everyone!!!
True happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!

Offline MikeJMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2007, 03:45:00 AM »
Was this anyones first venture into the Ozarks? What did they think?

Offline Voodoofire1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2007, 08:16:00 AM »
It was mine, and I loved it, absolutely beautiful country and the locals treated us like kings, and were very, very nice! I would not hesitate to do this again!!
 Here are some pics I took, the first one is of the early birds friday morning:

the next is the start of the impromptu feast on friday night:

the next is sat morning as we headed out, I couldn't resist this pic, Nathan in the back, Ryan(awesome, but he'll always be known as one of the lost boys to me,lol) driving...Wow talking about a tight fit,look at that back seat! but I'm glad to say he needs that size to contain that big ol' heart of his, thanks Nathan!!

AND speaking of the lost boys club here are two , Ryan and a local Mark shortly after their "rescue", maybe Ryan will post the lost in the woods in the dark without a flashlight pic!

And here is a couple from the aeriel shoot we had on sunday, it was a BLAST!!:

And this next one, well what can I say, That's Mitch(deerhntr) with his "trophy", whatcha think it will score?

This last one isn't of the shoot, this is a Wingbone Turkey call and display that Jeff(Dorris) made for me, and had waiting when I got to his house on sunday night, What an awesome gift! I will use it with Pride! Thank You my friend!................................Steve

True happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©