3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ever had this happen  (Read 1812 times)

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
ever had this happen
« on: March 04, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
while out shooting at a local 3d course.  White Buffalo and I where shooting and he was shooting at one target and I another and the arrows crossed eachother and his arrow hit mine in the air and broke my micro flight arrow

coolest thing I have ever seen

rob
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ever had this happen
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »
Talk about once in a lifetime...  :scared:
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline String Tracker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »
strange but wild.

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »
No, could you do it again on video so we can all see it?  :thumbsup:
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 07:41:00 PM »
what happened to me was that when a friend and I took turns stump shooting, after my shot landed on the ground, his shot hit my arrow on the ground and snaped it in two
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline last arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »
Never seen that happen, although have heard of it in crowded indooor lanes when some yahoo decides to start shooting across the lanes.

By the Way, were is the local 3-d range? I live west of Grand Rapids and may come over to shoot.
"all knowledge is good. All knowledge opens doors. Ignorance is what closes them." Louis M. Profeta MD

"We must learn to see and accept the whole truth, not just the parts we like." - Anne-Marie Slaughter

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 07:56:00 PM »
it is all the way in stanton about 1.5 hrs from you.

Hey I have some property on 66th and baldwin st you must live near there? ever wanna go stump shooting give me a pm a couple of days ahead
St. Joe River Bows

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
also I shoot a trad league at west walker sportsman club every wednesday at 7 pm if your interested!!!!
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
It's happened twice in two years at my indoor 3D league.  We do shoot some targets diagonally in order to get some extra distance, but we try to vary the elevation of these to avoid arrows hitting each other.  Not always successful, it seems.
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »
Yes, my pal Woody was shooting and I tried to beat him on the shot. His arrow hit mine and broke it in two midflight. Took a few minutes to figure it out.
DonD

Offline brodydog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 12:32:00 AM »
LAST ARROW, there's an indoor 3d range at Grand Valley Sporting Goods on Lake Michigan Dr.  They have sign up for new leagues at the moment, but I'm guessing it's mostly compound shooters.  But not a bad indoor range.

I shoot at West Walker Sportmans Club on Wednesday's too.  It's a fun trad group to shoot with.

Chris

Offline John57

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 01:57:00 AM »
At a resent competition myself and another archer were shooting at the same running Rabbit.
He hit it and I shot his arrow in half.
He won, but I still kind of enjoyed coming second.

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 08:41:00 AM »
I agree with 30coupe, I want to see you guys do it again this time on video. If you guys can't do it maybe you can give Byron a call and that could be his next challenge  :D
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline last arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 09:52:00 AM »
Rob, brodydog

The Trad league or the league in allendale sound fun, My wive is traveleling the next couple of weeks so I have to stay home with the kids. Maybe after she is through I can make it over to Walker. Hopefully it won't interfer with the kids soccer and all that.

Maybe we should try to get a group of local tradgangers together for some scheduled shooting - indoor in winter and outdoor in the summer. There seams to be a few members registerd from the lakeshore/GR area.  I live near Port Sheldon (30 to 40 minutes to Walker) - there is not much oppurtunity for shooting out here except in my backyard, but there is not enough room for much of group.  I would be interested if we could keep it in the western portion of GR most of the time.  If you want to try to get a group together pm me and maybe we should start a new thread to see who is interested.  We could vary locations to accomadate people if necessary.
"all knowledge is good. All knowledge opens doors. Ignorance is what closes them." Louis M. Profeta MD

"We must learn to see and accept the whole truth, not just the parts we like." - Anne-Marie Slaughter

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »
Lastarrow that sounds like a good idea, a month ago several of us Michigan Tradgangers got togehter and did a rabbit hunt in Dansville and that was a blast!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »
I would be up for getting together with a bunch of you guys.  I live is Holland so not to far from Last Arrow.  Let me know if anything pans out.  

Tim
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »
Is this like a car accident where the guy of the first party who got hit from behind makes the guy the second party who rear ended him pay for the damage or arrows in this case, and since it has and always will be the guy of the frist party who got rear ended intention's to shoot with a matching arrows set of 12 arrows known as "the dozen", force the guy of the second party who rear ended him the guy of the first party buy him again the guy of the first party a new set 12 or know as "the dozen" arrows plus any monies  rightly due him again the guy of the frist party for trad equipment due to and suffered mental anguish - suffering and  aggravation and lost of services and more imporatntly resighting and paper tuning the new "the dozevn" arrows owed to him the guy of the first party?  :bigsmyl:    :confused:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 04:38:00 PM »
Man, I'm jumping on late hear but it was  crazy  about ten minutes before that i was going to ask. do these arrows ever colide in air.... well they DO. Hey It gave me another shot at that target which I needed   ;)  . It sounded like both arrows had exploded and took out the back of the archery range..... one in a million bro!!!! glad I got to share it with you... take care Jason B.
TGMM

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »
Kingstaken,  hold on now this is starting to sound like a conspiracy!!!!! my arrow is still straight.. Ya know come to think of it I shot another trad gnag members arrow just about in two once shootin arieals. His arrow hit the ariel and mine skipped accross the top of his arrow a split second after but its no where near the dammadge created this past sunday....LOL  
 That indoor was tuff,,,, for me at least. Goes back to 30 yards and you have to sneak arrows over and under different critters was fun shooting though. I'm up to some more shooting name the place and I'll be there.
TGMM

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
yeah jason we will be getting our course set up here ina couple of months when the snow melts anyway.  will definately see ya there..    and dont forget we are running the cristian bowhunters of america national shoot this summer there in stanton..  maybe you can advertise for your taxidermy there!!!   I wanna do a pheasant hunt sometime this year if we can get one together!!  talk to ya later on that...

I agree on the 3d course it was pretty difficult although we both shot pretty well...

god bless and see ya soon
St. Joe River Bows

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©