3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Archers Flame lighted nocks?  (Read 337 times)

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
Archers Flame lighted nocks?
« on: November 12, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »
Well last night around twilight I took a short shot at a pig and missed. Not too happy about it. I went back to look for blood or a dead pig and didn't find a drop and certainly no dead pig. I think luckily I had a clean miss but it made me want to buy a lighted nock. I'm not even sure where my arrow went.

I heard the burt coyote luminocks are junk, and I see other brands need magnets glued to the riser which I'm not doing. But these "Archers Flame" nocks seem to have pretty good reviews. Anyone have any horror stories or do you like them?
South Louisiana Longbow Shooter

The only trophy you'll ever bring home is a good time. The rest is just meat. -SP

Offline novahunterpa

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Archers Flame lighted nocks?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 01:19:00 PM »
Good post, I too would like to know more about lighted nocks, Do those have them them like them?  Can they be used on wood, aluminum, and carbon arrows.  Seems like they maybe a good idea to help you see your arrow in flight and to see better the hit you make on game

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »
The research I looked up was that the common "lumenock" or whatever it's called gets pretty bad reviews. So do most of the others. They say they are inconsistent, and go off at the wrong time. Some also require gluing a magnet to your riser.

But the archers flame is pretty unique among lighted nocks. It works from a different mechanism. Everyone with reports I read liked them. But they were all wheelie bows. Many of the bad reviews are from guys using light arrows complaining about 22grain nocks. They have 100g tips and it throws the weight off balance. My tips are 250. They ain't going nowhere.

I'd like to have them because I THINK I missed the pig. I don't even know. I never saw a drop of blood but he was standing in water so if there was just a little blood I wouldn't find it in the water. Only the foliage. My bow is super quiet and the other pigs didn't run off. But he did. I waited and he never came back with the other ones. And I never found my arrow. I'd feel better if I knew where that nock went.

The only trophy you'll ever bring home is a good time. The rest is just meat. -SP

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 03:16:00 PM »
not legal in some states
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by Roadkill:
not legal in some states
that is an interesting twist....
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 03:27:00 PM »
very not leagl in wyoming I know that.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »
I just ordered both the luminock and the Archers flame for the sole perpose of a tunning aid, I hope to be able to see the arrow flight better. I dont think i will use them while hunting because of there expence.

I will let you know what i think of them after i tune some arrows this weekend
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline KrEn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »
I heard the burt coyote luminocks are junk,  
Whats wrong with them? Been using them to and fro for a couple of years. Plinking in the garden at night, stumping (real easy to find lost arrows) at dusk after work etc.
Hunting w stick and string is illegal here unfortunately, but were it legal, all use of artificial light is still prohibited during hunting, even when following up wounded animals

K
-You see something, just whack it"

Offline Buckwheaties

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »
check out firenocks,they're THE BEST on the market, but expensive. really hi tech the way they work, EVERY TIME....
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

Offline BrianfromTulsa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »
I've been using lumenocks this year and I've had no problems so far.  I can also see where they are great for bow tuning as well.  57lb Checkmate with 5575 gold tips.  225 gns up front.

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »
G5 nocks work by the force of the bow letting loose they work great the X nock lights up but the super nock blinks . THe main problem is price $55.00 for three you do not want to lose these!!!
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
I'll have to look into those other ones.

KrEn. Please don't take my word for dogma. I've never used them. I just was looking at different brands and reading what reports about them I could find.

Tail fire nocks had decent reviews, archers flame had good ones, one I forget had bad ones, and the luminock reviews were pretty bad. Many people weren't happy with them. Had them going off at bad times. Also turning on when they hit the animal and turning back off when they go through. Stuff like that.

I didn't mean to bad mouth the product I've never even used it. If it works for ya more power to you. I just read too many bad reviews for them to get my dollar thats all.

Offline GregD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with the easton tracer nocks? I was thinking of trying theese next year as I've been having a hard time picking up my arrow in flight especially at close ranges.  Thanks  Greg

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »
Tried the Tracer nock it takes a magnet with in one inch of nock as it passes over bow shelf . I could not locate magnet anywhere to light them . The only thing we could reason why not was the paradox of the arrow on long bows and recurves .  They work great on wheelys . Go to **** or utube there are a couple guys making their own for about $2.00 apeace
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 10:49:00 PM »
that was the other one that had bad reviews. the easton one.

Offline longbow1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 02:00:00 AM »
the luminoks work great, you just have to follow the directions. the new ones from g5 are even better. and for those of you who think they spook deer, they are not as bright as the luminoks.
PBS ASSOCIATE MEMBER
NJ TRADITIONAL ARCHERS MEMBER

Offline wizzer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 03:35:00 AM »
since when are lighted nocks traditional?

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 04:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by wizzer:
since when are lighted nocks traditional?
Who the heck cares?? The guy's just asking for a few opinions for himself They're not compulsory you know....  :rolleyes:
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 11:37:00 AM »
Since when did carbon, or fiberglass, or foam limbs become traditional? Or plastic feathers and arrow nocks for that matter?

When they came up with the technology and put it on longbows and recurves I suppose is when it became traditional.

I guess you shoot a hickory stick with a twisted rawhide string?

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 04:50:00 PM »
I have shot a few in low light just to see my arrow flight as others here have mentioned. They made me a little night blind for a few mins lol.   :smileystooges:
TGMM Family of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©