3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Spine of bowfishing arrows  (Read 634 times)

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
Spine of bowfishing arrows
« on: March 04, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »
After reading the TBM article about heavy/slim arrows, I wondered about these as possible hunting arrows. Anybody ever check the spine on one. I know Monty Browning has used them for awhile.
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline TRADITIONAL ONLY

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Spine of bowfishing arrows
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »
you had better use a 100 + # bow or theyll just hardly never make it to the animal. they have kinetic energy yes, but thier slow as christmas day. try the GrizzlyStiks, im gonna get some this year. try the Alaskan series or Safari series, REALLY heavy but still are carbon.... full lengh taper too...  :D
If its brown its down; thats my motto.

"The great questions of the day are decided... by blood and iron"  Otto von Bismark

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Spine of bowfishing arrows
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
The thing about solid fiberglass is that it's too heavy to hunt with from lighter bows, yet too weak in spine to hunt with from heavier ones...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©