3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ironic Buck  (Read 155 times)

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
Ironic Buck
« on: November 14, 2008, 06:07:00 AM »
It's funny how things in life work out sometimes. I recently rekindled my love for traditional archery after several years of layoff. Target panic owned me for at least 6-7 years, and I had pretty much given up. This year was to be my first year of hunting since taking up the stick and string again. However, finding the time to get out has been tough. I'm currently buying a new house, and being a first year teacher doesn't help things. I did get out one chilly morning about 3 weeks ago, but no shots presented themselves and no bucks even showed up (I don't have a doe tag). The first archery season ends soon, and I was trying to make time to get out again.

Driving home last night, I was planning the when and where for the next hunt. It was raining and foggy, so I was driving slower than normal. Out of the mist, a brown form materialized. I knew immeadiately it was a deer, so I slowed down as quickly as possible. However, considering the conditions, I didn't want to lock the brakes up. The buck was facing the side of the road and was standing in the other lane. He promtly did a 180 and dove headlong into the driver's side of my car, his face only 10 inches from mine. I heard his antlers slide down the side of my car as I drove past. He wasn't getting back up.

Somehow I think that will be the only buck I see this season. Ironic.
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ironic Buck
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 07:53:00 AM »
Is it illegal to go back and pick up the deer in Pa? Glad your ok. Deer can do some amazing damage to vehicles and the drivers in the vehicle.

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 08:53:00 AM »
The way my year has been going, I'd have thrown that boy in the trunk, if it wasn't illegal around here. I feel for you brother.
Hope you weren't injured and I hope your vehicle will come out of it ok. I know how much damage a deer can cause.
Hang in there.
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »
Road kill .what did you do? pic it up or leave it where it droped mostplaces you can claim hit deer and if you only hit it in the head you could have some good meat rather than wast it
Gord

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 12:16:00 PM »
It's illeagal to keep it in Pa. You have to drop it off at the game comission. I couldn't find him when I went back due to the intense fog. There's little doubt that he's done for though.

The car is ok, and even more importantly, so am I. I just thought I'd share my story :-).
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©