3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I met Byron Ferguson  (Read 1198 times)

Offline txcookie

• Trad Bowhunter
I met Byron Ferguson
« on: March 04, 2007, 10:46:00 PM »
Let me tell you He puts on a great show. He's funny, educational and gives a good message to everyone including the kids. I also went ahead and bought his book "become the Arrow" cant put it down.  My Fav part of his show was when he acknowledged all Military past and present and gave out a nice spotting scope to one of us. He is easy to talk to and Doesnt plug his sponsors as hard as all those other yahoos like Michal Waddel or whatever that guys name is.  If you get a chance go see this guy at a show He was the best part of the Iowa Deer Classic. Also I got a chance to shoot a Striker custom Bow ,,  Wow!!!!!!!! those things are just right. I have a hard time hitting the broadside of a barn and I was touching Nocks with them.   :archer:
Is it deer season yet?

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I met Byron Ferguson
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 11:11:00 PM »
txcookie, were you the young man that Byron Ferguson pulled out of the audience?  You are absolutely right about Byron Ferguson being easy to talk to.  Thanks for answering a few questions Byron, if you happen to read this.  My boy and I were in the front row!  

txcookie, perhaps we bumped into each other in the Viper booth.  I have to agree with you about how nice these bows are. I was so impressed with the Stinger that I made a down payment on a new one!  And Rick Ellis and Rabbitman treat you like old friends.  Great to have them at the Deer Classic.  I did my part to make it worth their time and effort to be there.  Sure looked like he was keeping busy.
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 11:17:00 PM »
I met him maybe 10 years ago? at a sports show at either the Jacob Javits Center or The Raritan Cebter , can't remember the place but won't forget him , his show was top shelf and afterwards I went to his booth to check out his bows and when I asked to try one out he said he had forgotten to bring along any bowstrings but I could shoot his own bow that he had just done his trick shooting with , and if that wasn't enough he trusted  me with taking  the bow across the building to the range that was set up . I not only got to see a great archer in action but also got to shoot his personnel bow and arrows . A true gentlemen and great ambassador for our sport . Thanks Byron ,  Fred
Greyfox54

Offline txcookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 11:17:00 PM »
Yea I was that guy. Byron Scared the poop out of me and I'm used to scary stuff Air Force , Wife, Kids, just to name a few! What a show I watched the DVD he gave me, Really cool my kiddo asked why I couldnt do that. I wasnt watching and said asprin where too small. She was talking about the warm up shots he was taking on a hay bail LOL. Yea those Strikers a mean I tried to get the OK from the wife. She told me no. 5 times and then took the credit card away from me. I got the card and will have to decide between a stinger or a Byron Ferguson .
Is it deer season yet?

Offline txcookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 11:20:00 PM »
Grey Fox your right about that. No offense to Tred Barta but we need a real ambassador like Byron on TV. I like Barta but a non hunting  person might get the wrong Idea about him. Byron appeals to everyone.
Is it deer season yet?

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 12:04:00 AM »
txcookie, I hear your pain.  Your wife is prolly wise not to put a bow on a credit card... by the time you've paid your balance down you've paid a big bank three or four times for that bow.    :knothead:   I told Rick Ellis that it would be helpful to spread out the payments over a little chunk of time and he suggested that he could have the bow done in 16 weeks.  So I'm paying it off a little bit each month... well, ok a big chunk each month.     ;)   It's a matter of perspective for me. I wrote in another post last night that as we were walking away from the Viper booth I said to my 13 year old son, "I can't believe I'm going to spend that much on a bow."
Aaron said, "Yeah, but Dad you would have spent that much on a Hoyt compound bow and that's without all of the accessories."  Then he added, "I might sell my compound and buy a nice longbow."

Smart boy, that kid of mine.
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline txcookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 12:30:00 AM »
Very smart

I am done with compounds. Not becous I dislike them but becouse I like My recurve so dang much. Looks better sounds better. I would rather Buy Custom arrows than new sights . Byrons book talks about how these modern Bows make the shot for you. He is totally right. I watch men pick up a compound for the first time and stack arrows at 30 yards like its nothing. Its the bow. Id like to see these so called pros pick up a stick bow and try and brag about their skills. I feel better knowing that when I slap arrows togather at 20 yards its me doing it not a fall away rest  with fiber optic sights holding back 20 pounds on a 70# CATCH US IF YOU CAN BOW.   Hey when you get that new bow post some picks of it.
Is it deer season yet?

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 12:36:00 AM »
I'll do that.  Since you're so close we could do some stumping!

Offline txcookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 12:46:00 AM »
Anytime Bro. I like 3d shoots so if you hear about one PM me.
Is it deer season yet?

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 05:53:00 AM »
I met him & His Wife at the Whittingham shoot 2 years ago.. very down to Earth ( Both of them ). Can't wait till I can meet them again.

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »
Who is this Byron Ferguson guy anyway?  

Just kidding, I've known Byron and Wanda for many years and have hunted both deer and bear with him.  Not a bad old boy, not bad at all :>)
Gary Logsdon

Offline TRADITIONAL ONLY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »
well what do you expect? he is from Alabama. not  two hours from where i live (to the west of me) never met him though i have talked to him through e-mail, hes just got that "Southern" good nature about him.
If its brown its down; thats my motto.

"The great questions of the day are decided... by blood and iron"  Otto von Bismark

Offline TJ Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »
I'm looking forward to watching him shoot at the  Columbus Deer & Turkey Classic in Ohio. Hopefully, I might be able to get my Become the Arrow book signed. Excellent book.

Offline RGK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 10:13:00 PM »
I've spoken with Byron and his lovely wife/assistant on a couple of occasions. When he is at the WI deer and Turkey expo, I never miss his performance.
Member: WI Bowhunters Association
Member: WI Traditional Archers
Member: American Broadhead Collectors Club
Member: Sherwood Forest Bowmen

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©