3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Do your children hunt with you?...Poll  (Read 737 times)

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
Do your children hunt with you?...Poll
« on: November 18, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
How many of you have kids that hunt with you?

Online non-typical

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Do your children hunt with you?...Poll
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
No,my daughter is a better hunter than that.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Tradgang member #160

Offline Robhood23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 08:35:00 PM »
Both and they seem to enjoy it!
The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right!!!

Offline canadian

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »
Not yet my boys are only 2 and 3.  I am looking forward to the future.  My oldest boy Trapper caught his first fish this past summer and is still talking about it.
murph

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 08:52:00 PM »
My son is onlt 2 but he has been out with me a few times for tree rats.

Offline oldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »
no but 4 of my 7 grand children do
CHX 58in 44@28 CHX 58in 52@28

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 09:36:00 PM »
My son hunts with me and the punk (currently the picture at the top or here ->  http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=066646  ) is doing better this year than I am.

My daughter doesn't want to hunt, but maybe one of these mornings when the weather is a bit milder, we'll get her out there to do some high quality photography for us.

Offline MOstate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »
I've gone hunting with my dad since I could walk. And I started hunting at 8. Im 15 now and its fun to go out with him and my brother eric.
Fred Bear Grizzly #55
"so, have you gotten anything with your bow without sights?" - Grandma

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 09:47:00 PM »
My daughter, who turns 12 on Friday, passed her hunter ed course last summer and will be going hunting with me for the first time on Sunday. I will add that that she's as excited as I am. Should be fun.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »
I'm blessed, I have 3 that don't hunt themselves yet but I try to take them at least once every year.  I also have 2 sons that actually hunt with me as much as their schedule allows.

It presents special challenges, but the rewards can't be measured.   :thumbsup:
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline TNstickn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »
Daughter, 14 is gonna try bowhunting next season, after we build up her confidence this coming summer shooting 3-d. Son,8 has been deer hunting since he was 6 and cant hardly wait to bowhunt. My 3 yr old little girl says every day,"Daddy Im gonna hunt deers when I get bigger". I start draggin'em on summer scouting trips when they all got to be about 5. We hunt all the youth hunts in TN and try and get up to Kentucky for the youth hunt also. Never know how the teen yrs are gonna be on one kid to the next. I feel like my kids know me better through hunting than anything else we do together. Its a constant classroom of ethics, morales and a whole lot of cuttin up with Dad! We all shoot 3-d together except for my wife. She told me just a couple weeks ago that she is interested in 3-d but not hunting. Off to the shop Ive gone. Gonna build her a sweet shootin 35lber and put all the mojo Ive got into it!!!
Pick a spot.>>>>-------> Shoot straight.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 10:27:00 PM »
Yep, both of 'em...

Ak.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Chris O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »
Me and my dad hunt together as much as we can. Unfortunately its only been a few times this season so far. School and work always messing us up!

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 11:16:00 PM »
My oldest is almost 9. He started taggin along about the time he turned three...He goes bowhunting with me, then I take him out with the gun (he is the shooter)...I can't wait until he is old enough to bowhunt himself...My second son is almost three and we may go out a time or two for some short hunts...I think the key is to make it fun for them. We take along plenty of food, coloring books, etc. The first time I took Dawson, we only stayed about 20 minutes. He saw a deer and had a blast. Pop up blinds sure make it easier to get out with the kids. I'd rather spend an afternoon in the woods with one of my sons than kill the biggest buck in the woods.

David
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »
I have no kids of my own yet. Though my dad took me with him all the time. I am sure that I cost him the chance at many animals. For that experience though I can never thank him enough.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline loyd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 06:22:00 AM »
my daughter and my grand kids and my 7 year old great grand daughter she got a nice spike in the youth season she is hooked. loyd

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 07:58:00 AM »
my 13yr old daughter is my best hunting buddy, she shot a whopper of 8pt last sat in youth season, an we spends most of our time bowhunting she been at it since the age 6-7. My youngest is just now just starting to gun hunt an i hope it leads to bowhunting. Sara an I leave Sunday to bow hunt  new jeresy for a week
Bull

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 08:00:00 AM »
My 10 year old son bowhunts with me.  My 12 and 14 year old daughters are old enough to rifle hunt, so I have been sitting with them the last few years.  My oldest "joined the ranks" on Saturday.  Shot her first buck ever.  Was a spike,
but she got the fever and so did I.  What a great feeling to have your child want to hunt and be successful!
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 08:49:00 AM »

Here is my son and I one a fall bear hunt this past Aug.
hunt it

Offline 702plmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 09:05:00 AM »
My son Logan is 10 and hunts with me every chance he gets.   This year he has been bow hunting by himself.   I have a ladder stand in the field behind the house and when he gets off the bus he gets his clothes, safety harness and bow and headfs out.   He shot at a doe last week and missed.     But thats a start.   Our gun season is in now and I do not let him go out by himself.
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©