3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Do your children hunt with you?...Poll  (Read 739 times)

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Do your children hunt with you?...Poll
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »
FerretWYO we dads don't mind any animals we lose chances on. Thanks for all the replies.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »
Best hunt of my life took place this past Saturday with my 8year old son at my side when we shot a nice buck from 10 yards.I think he may be hooked now.But ive enjoyed all my hunts with him.The times that turned into salamander studying, frog chasing, fossil collecting and just mesing around enjoying time together.I wouldnt give that up for the biggest buck in the world.And its about to get better when my 3 year old Nate starts joining us.

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »
My two daughters, ages 5 and 7 right now, LOVE to hunt and fish with me.  Any fathers who don't give their daughters a chance at this are missing the boat.
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline JESSE69

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »
Both my gurls go with me and we always see deer.  :archer:
THAT PUTS YOU IN ONE POSSIBLY TWO CATEGORIES,SUCKS TO BE YOU AND BETTER YOU THAN ME.    JOKINGLY OF COURSE

Offline Brent Hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »
Amen warybuck !!!  My little monkey has been out with me since 1 2/2,  shooting 3d since 3 and  this year after her 5th birthday, we have started shooting her pink modified marlin model 60 (I cut off 6 in from the stock and put on a scope for her.  She now can shoot coke cans at 20 yards with it).  Until she gets a little quieter, we only rifle hunt out my double bull and color in her disney princess coloring books!   I do long for the day that she can start bowhunting with me but I love to see her eyes when the deer come by.  We did pass up a 3 year old 10 point last weekend and although she begged me to shoot it with the rifle, I did not.  I felt bad about not shooting it but I wanted her to know that its not all about the kill and that we would be out there together again in the following weeks.  I'm glad that I'm not the only one who hunts with their kiddos !!!  We need more parents to do the same.  Bhill

Offline AndyTheCornbread

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »
My boys are ages 4, 7, and 8. The oldest goes a lot the middle one goes sometimes and the youngest hasn't gone yet.

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »
She doesn't really hunt,but she doesn't know that. She just gets excited and wont stop talking. I enjoy these walks but have to sneek out if I want to really hunt.
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." - John Burroughs

Offline oh-bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 08:57:00 PM »
I've hunt with my dad and had the pleasure of spending time in the woods with my grandfather.
My two oldest hunt with me and my dad when they can, and my youngest 18 months loves watching the outdoor channel.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »
My Son,all 6 foot+ and My Oldest Daughter went once, so far. She is Going to be ALL fired Up About Getting a Critter, Until she SEES the Blood!  :scared:    :biglaugh:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 10:51:00 PM »
My oldest daughter, now in college has hunted with me for close to 10 years.  No bowhunting yet, but as a member of the varsity rifle team, she hasn't missed yet!  And, yes, the 9.5 foot alligator is hers!

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 11:09:00 PM »
Not my children but 2 grandsons and my grandaughter has said she wants to go turkey hunting with me this spring. I really love hunting with them.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 11:38:00 PM »
My son has been comming to the woods with me for the past several years now. This year however he rarely has missed a chance to go with me to the woods. Even though he does not have a licence yet, he sits with me and we have some wonderful conversations whispered between us or he'll read a book. Now that's what I call QUALITY TIME TOGETHER!
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 11:48:00 PM »
Both my daughter and son hunt with me. I love it!!!!!!
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline Frenchy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2008, 04:54:00 AM »
Both of them enjoy hunting and bowfishing.
I've taken them hunting many times and killed a bunch of animals with them.
My 10 year old daughter killed her first fish ever with a longbow when she was 6 !

Offline GOBBLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »
My oldest killed his first deer last weekend. He just turned seven this month and he did use a rifle but he is already shooting a bow and should be ready for bowhunting in a coulpe of years. I also have a three year old son and he loves to go sit as well.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »
My daughter has hunted with me for years. Last year she shot her first deer(8 pt.) during the youth gun season in Ohio. I have a Whisperstik longbow ordered for her for x-mas. We venture out this weekend for the youth season again. 17 degrees in the morning.

Not to mention I'm colorblind and she has to track my deer. She's a great tracker and she's only 12.

Mike
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »
Beginning next year they will.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2008, 04:33:00 PM »
I have three sons and we hunt together as often as the older two's schedule permits. My youngest is still home with me and we hunt together frequently- I've been very blessed.    Grant

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »
Just let me say to folks, I've nothing against kids or kids hunting. But PLEASE PLEASE make sure they truly are old enough. Not just legally. Maturity varies with kids as well as adults, we know that.

If you want to see some truly sad videos go to u-tube or where ever and you can see some folks hunting with kids that are just too young, make bad shots, and don't care, etc. You can imagine. The parents are filled with too much love to see anything wrong with it but lord knows the folks on the other end think they are insane.

Not archery related but I've seen so many videos from proud parents of a disinterested kid shooting a doe square in the butt under a feeder. The parents get so happy they start crying and stuff.  Really makes us look crazy. I know everyone wants their kid to be involved in the outdoors before it's too late but really think about the issue.

It's easy to be too early and it could give them a bad memory instead.
South Louisiana Longbow Shooter

The only trophy you'll ever bring home is a good time. The rest is just meat. -SP

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2008, 09:20:00 PM »
I agree, Swamp Pygmy.  I get concerned when I see 6 year olds with .243's.  In most cases, I imagine a killing shot is pure luck.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©