3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Do your children hunt with you?...Poll  (Read 738 times)

Offline Featherbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Do your children hunt with you?...Poll
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »
Not yet my daughter is just a year old, it wont be long.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Tribe Unknown

Southern Traditional Archery

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »
SOS I disagree a little with you, i think the answer is preperation an good judgment from the parents,my daughter at age 7 could bust milk juggs all day long at 200yds from a rest with her 243 but it did not come with out pratice. At age 7 on a tbm phesent hunt she shot as many flying birds as any one in our group an more than a couple. The club at a little right up in there news letter about her an that hunt which i thought was nice, i have to tell ya she suprised me an made me one proud Dad that day. i beleive some kids  are capable at that age an some are not.
Bull

Offline The Gopher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »
i sure hope so but he's only 9 months old right now, i can't wait though.
"The future is, of all things, the thing least like eternity. It is the most temporal part of time, for the past is frozen and no longer flows, and the present is all lit up with eternal rays." ~C.S. Lewis

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »
I just want to mention  on the pheasent hunt i just referd too my daughter was shooting a longbow not a shot gun
Bull

Offline chrisg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2008, 01:31:00 AM »
Hattrick, your story illustrates very well the point made by Swamp Pygmy. He said maturity varies from individual, and your daughter clearly has had a careful and effective introduction and she has demonstrated that. His story of the videos he saw illustrate the other, unfortunate side of 'pushy parenting'. I agree with his principle, each child needs to grow at their own pace. My Dad 'made' me walk many miles through rough country, carrying birds and wrangling the dog before I was allowed to shoot, I got over the "I-have-to-kill-something" bloodlust and enjoyed being out in the wilds first. For sure I was busting clays like a pro but on my first hunt at fast flying doves I had exactly seven shells. Talk about gaining perspective! That taught me to be a careful shot and not blat away at anything. Only as I grew up did I appreciate the lesson. Congratulations on your daughter's achievement especially the pheasants with a longbow, that is hard shooting.
chrisg

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2008, 06:04:00 AM »
Thanks chrisg, one thing i remember from my father(hes from the old school) when i started with Sara was he keep telling me she was to young, an that i didn`t start hunting till i was 12 an thats what i should do with her,  i just could not wait she was to eager an if i had man would i have missed some off best 5 years of my hunting career. i think nowdays if you wait that long its a lost hope in this tech world we live in. As i stated earler my yougest is 9 is just now starting it took her longer to get to that level.

good luck hunting guys an take a kid with ya!
Bull

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »
Gunther has been hunting and fishing with me since he was 2 weeks old. It's gotten harder now that he doesn't fit in the "baby backpack" but now I haul him in a mountaineering sled and he loves it.
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »
My son, 37 now, and I spend a week together in IL hunting.He's a much better hunter than I am.  He climbs much higher in a tree than I do, 25'+ for him and 7-8' for me.  I don't like heights, alright, I admit it I have a height phobia!  My bows are a lot prettier than his Hoyt Vulcan though!    ;)    :)    :D    

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©