3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Old Bows vs New  (Read 557 times)

Offline Brack Man

• Trad Bowhunter
Old Bows vs New
« on: March 05, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »
I picked up an old 48lb wing recurve in a trade. It looked beat up but the limbs were straight.It had a straight shelve on it and I tried to build the shelve up but never could get good arrow flight out of it. So the bow just sat for about 2 years. I have been through the " I got to have a custom bow" period and have a high dollar custom on the bow rack. About a month ago, I pulled the wing off the bow rack and thought its time to get you back in action. I put a stick on rest on it and Wow is the only thing I can say. It smooth and quiet and I put it up there with my custom. Its not pretty to look at with all the dings and scratches but this bow is my new "Go to Bow". So this tread is for all you I need a custom bow people. I look at this old beat up, ugly recurve and just wish it could tell me the story of its life. The old wing bows are my newest passion, anyone got one for sale???   :p
Sam

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Old Bows vs New
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »
I'll trade you one for your custom that you aren't using.    :p
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Brack Man

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Old Bows vs New
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »
Vermonster13, good one. I did that in my early years with guns, traded some that I wish I had today. My Brackenbury Quest will be in my estate when I die along with all the other bows I have. I only have 4 recurves so my collection is small and I need to work on that.
Sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©