3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TBM article and my new bow......(w/pics)  (Read 682 times)

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
TBM article and my new bow......(w/pics)
« on: March 05, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »
I just got my issue of TBM and the first article I read was about putting magic into your equipment.  A great article, and I applaud the author.  I know alot of shooters here would agree with me once they get a chance to read it, about bows that have the magic of their maker already instilled in them, or maybe by a loved one that walked it in the woods before you.  Most of us call it "Mojo", but I like the term "Magic" because when we believe in something so much it seems to really work.  Bringing me to my new bow, or should I say new "used" bow.

Since I became a member on here a few years ago, which seems not that long ago I've been searching for a particular bow, a holy grail of sorts to me at least, one that I could place above all the others I own.  I just recently found it, paid for it, recieved it and shot it.  From the time I opened it, and held it in my hands I truly felt the magic in this bow.  I had to wait 2 days to shoot it because of foul weather, but when the weather broke I strung it up.  The first shot was nice, but not what I expected, the second and following shots improved but still not what I had hoped. After about a 2 hours of shooting with my son I took my armgaurd off and turned to walk back to the house and figured just one more shot, and wouldn't you know it, it bit me in the forearm.  I had to tune him...cont.
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TBM article and my new bow......(w/pics)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »
The following evening I strung it back up, measured the brace and it was 8 1/4 inches.  Pretty good start for a 60" bow.  I twisted a couple turns, and re measured 8 3/4.  I thought it might be a tad much but continued outside to my impromptu range.  I looked it over, drew it a few times to warm up, knocked my arrow.  And let it fly.  I'm sure everyone can attest to the beautiful sound a quiet bow makes.  Its more like a gust of wind for a split second.  The only noise I heard was my arrow punching into the center of the target.  That was it, a small brace adjustment some manipulating of the silerncers that were already tied on, and nice smooth release.  For the rest of the night, and yes it was 8:30pm, shooting under my flood lights I stacked arrows like never before.  They seemed to find there way by themselves.  Even in the shadow of the target when I retrieved my arrows they were tightly grouped where I wanted them....continued with pics
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 01:26:00 PM »
I guess what I'm trying to say is that although the "magic" or the "mojo" is there, for it to be recognized depends on us, the one that draws the string to cheek.  The person that puts the arrow on the target.  All I could think about was the builder of this bow, the life he led, and why he designed it the way he did.  I felt it in my heart of hearts that for the first time I had to live up to my equipment, which made me concentrate harder, draw more strict, release smoother than I had ever done in the past.  And it worked, just like magic.  Thanks for letting me share, and thanks again to the author of the article.

I'd also like to thank the gentlemen that sold the bow to me, he took great care of it.  And also to my wife who although doesn't understand why I would spend so much money on a bow that looks like the other ones I already have, but encourages me to do so if it'll make me happy.
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »
T, you pegged it! What a well-told story, I am glad that you found your magic bow. I found one last year, but didn't buy it. The price was too high and the guy who owned it was poormouthing other folks. But I tried it out, and yes, it was The Magic Bow, the one that we all know is waiting for each of us to find. The one that cannot miss, the one that exhales arrows that follow your thoughts.

I wish it had belonged to a nice fella that I would have had to coax a few more bills into his hand. But it didn't, and so I laid it back on the jerk's rack. Ah, well, his bad mojo would have crept out onto the target once I got it home.

Killdeer  :thumbsup:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 08:07:00 PM »
Thanks Killy, I'm glad I found it as well.  It gives me a whole new outlook for the upcoming season.  I'm looking forward to making memories this year with it, and every year after.  I hope the bow you passed up comes around again for you, and under the right circumstances this time.  They have a way of sorting themselves out.

I can relate on the price issue, this one ran me well over what I saw others similar go for recenetly and in the past, but my wife encouraged me to do it.  When I saw it I knew it was mine even though my name wasn't on it, and her blessing made it an easy deal.  Hopefully I'll have some hero pics soon, turkey season just started.     :archer:
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »
Well said, Tim.  Happy hunting.  Still haven't found mine yet, but I'm very close.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©