3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What Happened With Katie's Buck?????  (Read 916 times)

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
What Happened With Katie's Buck?????
« on: November 22, 2008, 06:52:00 AM »
Did anyone hear if she found her Buck yesterday?? The topic seams to be closed.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline mike hall

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What Happened With Katie's Buck?????
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 07:15:00 AM »
Check out the Monster Buck thread on page 6. looks like good news.......  :)

Offline Lewis Brookshire III

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 07:46:00 AM »
Yeah I was sitting on pins and needles waiting on the outcome of the "Hawk Buck"!!!!

I cant find the thread either.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot: Missionary/Martyr.

Offline Dan Chamberlain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 08:01:00 AM »
The thread she started about the deer still being alive is gone.  Last I heard she put two arrows into it and was waiting til morning to resume the search.  What happened?  It's not on the "Monster buck" thread.

Dan

Offline Lewis Brookshire III

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 08:23:00 AM »
Yeah she had a new thread up that I read last night called "The Hawk buck" or something like that where after two arrows her and the game warden went to look for it and it was STILL ALIVE!!! Thats one tough buck and one very determined hunter. I hope she gets her hands around those horns, she deserves it!
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot: Missionary/Martyr.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 08:47:00 AM »
My guess is that some felt like myself, two days of suffering is extreme. We all know that sometimes this is a fact in the sport we all love. I know how Katy is feeling and I do hope she collects her buck. In my oppinion, yesterday her Game Warden friend should have taken a gun and ended the deers suffering. It is very clear that the deer is not about to heal up and run away. To wait beyond 24hrs for the animal to expire to suffering is not good. The Game Warden in my opinion has showed a lack of good judgement on this one. It is not my desire to draw a dark cloud over Katie's buck. I have followed with enjoyment and good feelings for Katie with all of you, and will continue to follow. However, we owe it to the animals we pursue to end the suffering as soon as we possibly can. I am well aware that many States forbid the use of firearms to dispatch during an archery season. The Game Wardens however have the power and we the power to ask them to intervine and help. I hope Katie finds her buck stone cold dead this am and the chapter closes. If she finds it alive I hope she gets help and does what needs to be done.
hunt it

Offline fields

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »
I am glad the thread was pulled.  Should have ended it by now.

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 09:45:00 AM »
Didn't know folks felt that way.  I didn't relish the suffering or anything at all like that, but do seriously desire to hear the outcome, at last.  We all agreed, I thought, that it was heart-breaking but we all want to see Katie's determination to do right rewarded.  

I still want to know.  Sorry.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline Dan Chamberlain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 09:57:00 AM »
Pulling the thread won't "end" the suffering of the animal.  Unfortunately, we are witnessing the drama of a hunter's worst nightmare, but there are lessons in it as well. Oh well, the thread is gone.  I hope we finally hear the end of the saga.

Dan

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 09:58:00 AM »
Yes, unfortunately we cater to some very PC folks on here.  It's amazing what a hunting site can consider un-acceptable.

Good luck Katie!
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »
I feel the need to make an appology to everyone for updating on an inhumane story!  I truly do not believe that this could have bothered anyone more than it has haunted me.  I shoot around 50 arrows a day and am crazy about my set-up being perfectly tunned.  I only take shots 15 yards and under.  That is obviously not enough.  I have been at this sport since childhood with a Pearson.  Have harvestd many small game animals.  Felt very confident that I could take a whitetail with no problem using my custom bow.  Not really sure what happened.
Katie
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »
Originally posted by Apex Predator:
Yes, unfortunately we cater to some very PC folks on here.  It's amazing what a hunting site can consider un-acceptable.

Good luck Katie!
yep, it really has shocked sometimes.
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »
pm sent.  dont let some whiney holier than thou jerk get ya down.  keep at it, youll get er done.  i do have to say though, if anyone can claim they have never wounded a deer:
1) they are lieing
2) they are a total NOOB and have no business posting their opinion.
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 10:12:00 AM »
I for one have been here right along with all these threads and am bothered by the removal of the threads but realize we must respect the moderators decisions. I'm not sure what about the threads were not "PC". Fact of the matter is it happens to the best of us and Katie has taught us all a very important lesson through this ordeal. She is one very determined individual and without a doubt we will all try just that little bit harder next time we are unsure of a shot or blood trail. And thats a fact.  Skippy

Katie, Best of luck to you in finding your buck. Let us know the outcome of today. Keep your head up.
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »
I'll second that!

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 10:16:00 AM »
Keep your head up Katie.  I had one get away this year on what I know was a mortal hit.  I looked hard but to my shame, no where near the effort you have put in.  Good luck.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline ohiobowhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 10:20:00 AM »
Originally posted by katie:
I feel the need to make an appology to everyone for updating on an inhumane story!  I truly do not believe that this could have bothered anyone more than it has haunted me.  I shoot around 50 arrows a day and am crazy about my set-up being perfectly tunned.  I only take shoots 15 yards and under.  That is obviously not enough.  I have been at this sport since childhood with a Pearson.  Have harvestd many small game animals.  Felt very confident that I could take a whitetail with no problem using my custom bow.  Not really sure what happened.
Katie
You have nothing to apologize for Katie. You are doing the correct and ethical thing. I do think the Warden should have shot the deer. That not withstanding as soon as everyone with a bow and arrow kills everything they shoot at with one arrow and have it die within seconds of impact then maybe we could start to fret over such things. Until then I'll just    :banghead:  over micro management and political correctness.

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »
Originally posted by ohiobowhunt:

Originally posted by katie:
I feel the need to make an appology to everyone for updating on an inhumane story!  I truly do not believe that this could have bothered anyone more than it has haunted me.  I shoot around 50 arrows a day and am crazy about my set-up being perfectly tunned.  I only take shoots 15 yards and under.  That is obviously not enough.  I have been at this sport since childhood with a Pearson.  Have harvestd many small game animals.  Felt very confident that I could take a whitetail with no problem using my custom bow.  Not really sure what happened.
Katie
You have nothing to apologize for Katie. You are doing the correct and ethical thing. I do think the Warden should have shot the deer. That not withstanding as soon as everyone with a bow and arrow kills everything they shoot at with one arrow and have it die within seconds of impact then maybe we could start to fret over such things. Until then I'll just     :banghead:   over micro management and political correctness. [/b]
what he said!  sure, if ya didnt feel bad about making a bad hit on a hit, something would be wrong.  but for one or two people to complain about a thread that shows nothing but determination and taking the recovery effort to the nth degree, well, someone needs to appologize to YOU! not the other way around.

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2008, 10:25:00 AM »
In deffense of the Warden he did not have his weapon with him.  He was off duty helping a neighbor.  I to had wished that he could have ended it.  He said from all the clues that he never thought he would have needed it.  In respect for the moderators I will not post on this buck again.  Sorry everyone.
Katie
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 10:27:00 AM »
I agree Katie.  You have been a shining example of what we should all strive for in our hunting/tracking.  This is a story that needs to be told.  I would make it a sticky at the top of the board.  I guess that's why I'm not a moderator.  :)
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©