3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Effectively sharpening HH broadheads  (Read 204 times)

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
Effectively sharpening HH broadheads
« on: November 22, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »
Okay experts, what's the BEST way to sharpen Hill broadheads?  Do they need to shave hair???
Hill

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Effectively sharpening HH broadheads
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 11:54:00 AM »
i alwmays make sure a my heads pop hairs.  a lansky or accusharp tool will handle the concave very nicely and give a great edge.  a butchers steel may or may not work, i have been thinking of trying one though.  ceramic sticks are another option but i have never used them.
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline Trad Man 25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »
The Best thing you can do whith those BH's is melt them down an use them for Fishing weights.  :)  

I spend all last winder trying to make them sharp, it dosent work, the metal just wont make a nice sharp edge. There a Basis desgin and Material , just like the Bows, Great fun, but not a Killer. I got a lots of pictures on the subject, but im in the office at the momnet, so may be later i can post a few, i shot a goos with them and its worked nice, and a pig, but nothing more, good for smaller game but i would not recommend on bigger stuff.
I allso have lots of pictures of when i hit stones and stuff, they are not strong, ill try and get you a few of them late as well, and also tere expencive, you can but a allmost any other head for the same price,

hers a picture from the summer

Good luck and have fun,

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 09:13:00 PM »
Simmons Wheelie sharpener does wonders on a Hill head.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »
I agree with Mr. Lamb 100%
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©