3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Popup blinds  (Read 548 times)

Offline longarrow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Popup blinds
« on: November 22, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »
I hunt about 80% of my time from Popup blinds and really do like them...Would like to hear from others who hunt from them.
#1 What type you use
#2 How many do you have
#3 How tall are you and how long is your BOW
 I have 4, Cabela, Ameristep, Matrix and an Enforcer, I'm 67" tall and shoot a 63" longbow.
Thanks
TGMM Family of the Bow

Live a Good Life! And in the end, it's not the number of years in your life...it's the LIFE in your years!!!

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Popup blinds
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »
Hidden Hunter blinds, 6 X 6', made right here in the USA... in the U P of Michigan.
 http://www.shrewbows.com/hiddenhunterblinds/index.html

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »
I have 4 DB blinds, two matrix recurve models and 2 of the older recurve models.

I love em and use them mostly for pigs and turkeys.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline RightTrailWrongTime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »
I've had several but have slimmed down to just one, a DB Dark Horse. It's ok other than I wish it was in Predator Deception. I shoot a 62" Moab out of the standard size with no problem. Really only use it for turkeys/antelope though. Been thinking about eliminating it all together and just going back to a simple burlap blind but my 8 year old figity son would probably fair better if I keep it.
ONLY IN THE WOODS AND FIELDS DO I FEEL ALIVE, LIKE A HUNTER FROM TIMES PAST, ALTHOUGH THE HISS OF MY ARROW GOES FORTH, I AM TAKEN BACK, IT IS MY ESCAPE...

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »
I'm sitting in a DB Drkhorse right now with my son...sitting beside a small field of oats and rye...also hve gorilla hub, doghouse, and hunters view...I use from 58"-64"  out of the DB with no problems...

David
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »
I am using one of these and love it. Plenty of room to shoot a longbow and stand up in.

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=059775#000000
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline KYArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 05:11:00 PM »
I use the same blind that Ron uses, as a matter of fact I think we got them about the same time. I have not taken a deer out it yet, but my boys each did with a g_n. I had some good turkey action out of it this spring.
                              KY  :archer:

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 03:38:00 PM »
Invisablind for me. Plenty tall. Allows me to shoot my 66" Howard Hill with no trouble. I'm 6 ft. tall and can stand with no trouble. Problem is Invisablind is no longer in business. They actually predated Double Bull. Advertised with Ted Nugent and were in Cabela's before biting the dust. Great blind. I am interested in the Hidden Hunter blinds. Would love to hear something about height on the Hidden Hunter. Comments appreciated.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 04:27:00 PM »
am interested in the Hidden Hunter blinds. Would love to hear something about height on the Hidden Hunter. Comments appreciated.  
The first blind in the video is the 5X5 which is a good blind for gun hunting. The 6X6 is what I use for bowhunting. I'm 6"1" and I can stand up in this blind. Sitting down I have no problems using my longbows. For quick setups I don't stake it down, if I'm going to leave it I do stake the tie down ropes.

http://www.hiddenhunterblinds.com/hiddenhunter.html
 http://www.shrewbows.com/hiddenhunterblinds/index.html
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline rice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 05:55:00 PM »
Ron? From the video, this blind looks easy to carry, is it? How durable is it, my old blind has to be constantly repaired. How long have you used one particlar blind? Which camo do you prefer, I use mine mainly for turkeys in oak forest and on pasture edges. Any input would be appreciated.

CKR
We do not stop playing because we are old. We grow old because we stop playing.

Offline Flinttim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »
Boys, great topic and timely. Early bow season ain't too bad around here but I've been pondering a blind for later gun season (for me that's a flintlock) I sat out opening weekend here and got wet and cold. My tired old bones can't handle that as well as they used to. Got the damned cold out of it too. Hopng to recuperate before next weekend. Anyway, my question is, how do they handle the rain ? Fairly water tight ? Also for those with "shoot thru " screens, is that for arrows only or would a flintlock set the whole affair on fire ? LOL.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »
nice looking blinds.  I do like my double bull blinds.  A little heavy being the older style with the white rods , but real tuff.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »
http://www.marinegeneralcatalog.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2133

Look closely at the guy inside the blind. I like these blinds because the shoot through windows are all around and they are taller than most, so you can shoot up and down a hill if you set the blind at the base or crest of a hill.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »
#1 What type you use--Ameristep Penthouse

#2 How many do you have--3

#3 How tall are you and how long is your BOW--6'2"-6'3", 66"

Chad

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 09:01:00 PM »
I've got 2 DB Matrix recurve blinds and just got a Yukon Tracks Enforcer Elite.  The Enforcer Elite is huge and has better shooting windows(bigger).  I like the DB material better.  I'm 6'6" and shoot a 64" longbow.
Always keep the wind in your face, and an arrow nocked.

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »
Yukon Tracks Dispatcher (60"), I'm 6' and shoot sitting/kneeling.

Works great with the wheelies, but it's a struggle with my 62" GM.  Better with my 58" Mamba, but a taller blind would definately help.

The Enforcer is a MUCH better choice, and has much better windows as well.  The Dispatcher's windows are a little higher than I'd like, and I've sent more than  a couple arrows through under the window mesh...
Support the sport!

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 07:25:00 AM »
I like that blind Ron. Looks like just the ticket for our Osceola gobblers!!
DonD

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 07:31:00 AM »
I have 2. They are both the cheap Ameristep ones. I brush them in real good and keep the netting in the windows. I leave them out all year around. I have killed at least one deer out of each of them the last 3 years. I shoot a 60" and a 64" long bow.

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »
I just ordered a DB Dark Horse blind as I have went through several cheaper blinds last few years none of them held up one season with my heavy use. My buddy has been using his same DB T5 blind for several years and he hunts as much or more than I do so I desided to spend the extra money this time around. I like the looks of the Hidden Hunter Blind Ron listed above also never seen one in person but made in the USA and it looks very easy to set up and take down.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©