3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Popup blinds  (Read 545 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Popup blinds
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 09:29:00 AM »
Ron? From the video, this blind looks easy to carry, is it? How durable is it, my old blind has to be constantly repaired. How long have you used one particlar blind? Which camo do you prefer, I use mine mainly for turkeys in oak forest and on pasture edges. Any input would be appreciated.

CKR  
The blind folds and hooks into a D shape making it very easy to carry. It's also the quickest and easiest blind to set up that you'll find.

The material in the Nat-Gear blind is a 50-50 blend of cotton/polyester with 1,500 mil of polyethylene in the liner. This is a extremely tough and durable material. I have one of these blinds set up that's been up for a year and it's still as good as the day I got it.

The Woodland Camo and the D.A.T. (digital all terrain) blinds are also very light and tough.. Made of a material call Tuf-Tec it is similar to rip-stop nylon.

I've seen some cheaper blinds that will color fade and break down from exposure if left out for long periods of time.

I've been using the Hidden Hunter blinds for 5 years now and still have my original blind that is as good as new.

As for the camo pattern that I prefer, I have one of each depending on the foliage where I'm hunting. The Woodland works very well if you're in evergreens. For open hardwoods or slashings either the Nat-Gear or D.A.T. work equally well.  

Leonard Larue the famous whitetail photographer uses custom made photo blinds made by Hidden Hunter.

My motto is, when the quality of your equipment may mean the difference between success and failure, why not use the best.

http://www.shrewbows.com/hiddenhunterblinds/index.html
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline longarrow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 10:20:00 AM »
Flintim,  The shoot thur material is for bows only!! Shootin' any type of firearm thur the net could cause a "Flame ON"!!! However it is easy to lay the muzzle out side of the netting. Heck I guess you could cut a small hole and poke it out!!
It's good see so many people in DIFFERENT parts of the country using these blinds. My old body can't sit (still) in tree stand for 8 hours like I use too!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Live a Good Life! And in the end, it's not the number of years in your life...it's the LIFE in your years!!!

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 10:37:00 AM »
Cant stand them every mature deer in the woods looks at them.Unless you have a feeder.To many blind spots and you cant hear that well.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline rice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 11:41:00 AM »
Ron, Thanks for the reply, got a few more ? if you don't mind.
I plan on having my wife ask Santa to bring me a new blind. I use a blind primarily for bow hunting turkey in the spring where I will set up, call for an hour, then move a 1/4 mile and set up again. I may make 6-7 sets a day so durability is important, and weight is important.
Is the cotton poly blend more durable and less shiny than the Tuf tec? Is the tuf tec lighter than the cotton poly blend?
Since Santa is bringing it I am not worried about cost between the two, just want the best one for my application.
What do you think?

CKR
We do not stop playing because we are old. We grow old because we stop playing.

Offline Old York

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »
I have one 70" Ground Max [from BIG GAME Treestands], model GB3500, and I'm 5'9" on a good day. My bow is 64" long and it's a tad too long for how I shoot.

Now I'm offering up some unsolicted advice - buy a blind through a  dealer NOT JoeBlow's hardware store and have an understanding of what recourse is available when problems arise. I have spent hours resewing loose stitching   :mad:    :mad:  and I'm still searching for suitable replacement magnets.   :banghead:
"We were arguing about brace-height tuning and then a fistmele broke out"

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »
Chris, the Tuf-Tec is lighter weight than the Nat Gear. Not a lot but enough to make a difference when you're on the move making multiple set ups. I think the D.A.T. pattern is what I would choose if it were me. Shiny is not a problem with the Tuf-Tec material.

http://www.shrewbows.com/hiddenhunterblinds/index.html
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline rice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »
Thanks Ron: Hopefuly you will get to be Santas helper if my wife takes my Email hint  :)

Last years bird  :)

CKR
We do not stop playing because we are old. We grow old because we stop playing.

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2008, 03:38:00 PM »
I own a Double Bull Dark Horse. Great blind for turkeys, but for deer, not so much. I can't brush it in enough to keep them from looking at it. I'm not going to leave a $400.00 blind in the woods for the deer to get used to it. tripper
Bob Lee Hunter Recurve 55# @ 29''

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©