3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow hinge  (Read 344 times)

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow hinge
« on: November 23, 2008, 02:17:00 AM »
Was thinking of gettin the bow bolt put on a recurve and a longbow I have. But to have someone to do it is very costly. And I think it is beyond me to be able to do it.
Does anyone know where I could buy a simple hinge system??? Been looking but can't find any. Would really like to do it myself...
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow hinge
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 02:32:00 AM »
I think Robertson Stykbows sells the connexion hinge.  I think it's about $80.00.  Check their website under accessories.

Kustom King has the bevel lok and the connexion.

Ryan

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »
The BevelLok Bow Joint from Kustom King Looks great.Has anyone here ever installed one? Is it simple to install??? What tools will I need???

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 08:34:00 PM »
ttt

Offline tim-flood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 11:33:00 AM »
the new bowyers Journal should have something in there about a system that comes in a kit.  I think!!

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by String Cutter:
The BevelLok Bow Joint from Kustom King Looks great.Has anyone here ever installed one? Is it simple to install??? What tools will I need???
I've never installed a bevel-lok, however I have had a bow that had one fitted. Obviously YMMV, but from my own experiences I'd say it is the worst T/D system I've come accross. The idea is sound, but in reality mine used to jam together something fierce, to the point that it was basically rendered useless. 6 months down the line & my 2-piece had effectivey become a 1-piece. Other than drastic 'surgery' with a big hammer the thing was not gonna come apart again   :mad:  The way the system is fitted pulls the two halves tighter & tighter together with every draw of the bow until it effectively jams itself up.
Not very clever at all, in my opinion.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »
I thought this was gonna be about Don Shannon..PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Offline Craig Warren

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »
Bow Bolts aren't hard to install.  It just takes a little patience and the right tools.  

Most important, the riser material and lamination lines must be in good shape and you need ample room for the Bow Bolt.  Directions can be found here:   WWW.Warrenarchery.com.   There are directions for new construction AND retrofitting an already completed bow.  Or give me a call (contact info is on the website) and I'll be happy to answer your questions.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©