3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Where's the Deer???  (Read 355 times)

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
Where's the Deer???
« on: November 23, 2008, 06:05:00 PM »
Where did my deer go? Up until rifle season opened I could count on at least seeing some deer. I have 80 acres of beautiful land to hunt. Exclusive rights. No deer has been shot by a gun all year on this parcel. I took one shot with my bow and missed. Now that gun season is open, it seems like the deer have left the safety of my property and have gun onto the properties that surround me. I seem to be seeing more turkeys now,but the deer seem to be gone. When will they come out of hiding?  :archer:
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline blueslfb

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Where's the Deer???
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
They probably went totally nocturnal.  Thats what they do around me this time of year when the Blaze Orange Army hits the woods.

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 06:16:00 PM »
Welcome to the late season.  :banghead:   The deer are still around, went nocturnal, but harder to find.
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 06:23:00 PM »
It will take some time for the deer to get back to "normal" routine. Now you will find them in the thick cover. Most of them will come out to feed in the fields at night, then head for cover before sunrise.

I've been hunting the same general area for 35 years. Deer do the same/same/same every firearms season. I know where they are... Just don't have the O.K. to get in there (now). Late Archery Can't Come Soon Enough!

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »
is there good bedding cover for them?  As the woods clear out, so do the places where deer feel safe.....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline SilverTip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »
I think the rutt was a little late this year in Kentucky. gun season ened last week here and I didnt see any bucks, this weekend they were running all over the place. I usally save my energy for late season anyway, I love hunting December and january.
If Jesus Christ guides your arrow, its really hard to miss.  Billy

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 07:29:00 AM »
ttt
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline maxfit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 07:47:00 AM »
Same with us here in Finger Lakes region of Ny. Not much daytime movement. Bow season was good.  Opening weekend is like a turn off switch. Tracks are all at night.
Lu 11:21  When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 10:11:00 AM »
Find the thickest, nastiest stuff you can on that property and get in there downwind of where the deer will be.
You may need to change up your routine too.  Deer pattern us just as well if not better than we pattern them) Park somehwere else, walk in another way, go in early with a light(green or red supposedly doesnt spook game). Go stealth on them.
Only being there once, I would recommend a nice slow walk looking for fresh sign. I would start on the shore and go from there.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©