3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Questions for you MO Turkey Hunters  (Read 841 times)

Offline Adam S. Daugherty

• Trad Bowhunter
Questions for you MO Turkey Hunters
« on: March 05, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
The no hunting after 1pm.  Does this mean out of the woods or just guns unloaded and not doing any calling or attempting to kill a turkey.  Can you be in woods with no gun or calls after 1pm doing some scouting.  How about roosting birds in the evening.  Heading out to MO in April and was wanting to familiarize myself with this rule.

Offline dhaverstick

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Questions for you MO Turkey Hunters
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »
You can stay in the woods all day but you can't kill a turkey after 1 pm. You can call, scout, roost birds, etc. Also, if you are fortunate enough to kill a gobbler during the first week of the season you must wait until the second week of the season to attempt to kill your second bird. After the first week is over you can kill your birds on consecutive days. Hope this helps.

Darren

Offline DaleinOhio

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 11:29:00 PM »
Dhaverstick has it exactly correct.  You can stay in the woods after 1, just make sure your gun in unloaded.  I'm from Missouri and still get back there to hunt from time to time.  I try to stick around in the woods a while and look for mushrooms, so I always worried about that rule, too.  Just to be safe, I always took my gun back to the truck, though.  Good luck...nothing like Missouri gobblers!
"So much do the savages esteem the wood of this tree for the purpose of making their bows, that they travel many hundred miles in quest of it."  -- Meriweather Lewis' description of the Osage Orange tree in a letter sent to Thomas Jefferson.

Offline MATT_MO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »
I'm from MO and have never turkey hunted.  It is good to know this though.  I had no idea that can't hunt after 1pm.  I have been wanting to try my luck on some gobblers.  It just seems I use all my days off during deer season.

Offline tmccall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 12:02:00 AM »
Do arrows in a quiver count as "unloaded?"  LOL  I bet not...
Tony McCall

Jesus.  There is no other name...  Acts 4:12

Offline MATT_MO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 12:04:00 AM »
Why don't you try it out for yourself and tell us what happens.  ;)

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 01:15:00 AM »
MO here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dhaverstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 07:47:00 AM »
Oh, I forgot to tell all you out-of-staters. We just ran out of turkeys so you'll have to wait until next year. Sorry  :)

Darren

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 10:07:00 AM »
Here you go, read all about it!  http://www.mdc.mo.gov/hunt/turkey/sprturk/   CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©