3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bowhunting pranks lets hear yours  (Read 451 times)

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
bowhunting pranks lets hear yours
« on: November 25, 2008, 07:08:00 PM »
there's always a joker in camp someone with a prank or joke things that happen that you and your buddys remember for ages.

lets hear your best pranks always good for some entertainment.

every year hunting in South Africa we always rely on a really good rubber snake that thing gets everywhere from inside backpacks and sleeping bags, dropped from trees always scares the crap out of someone.

this trip Nigel (leopard) and i were heading out before sun up to set up in some aloe's half way out nige realized his radio battery was flat so ran back to change it,

i ran into a herd of giraffe just where we wanted to be hunting so i stopped to wait for Nige, when he returned he walked strait past me not seeing me so i snuck along step for step behind him for about 100 yards when he stopped on the road bending over hands knees trying to work out a way past the herd of giraffe,
 the sand was silent so i got right up behind him then jabbed him in the butt with my top limb, he jumped doing 180 in the air terror on his face nearly soiled himself, thought he was getting mauled by a leopard or something... i fell over and laughed so hard the herd off giraffe just about stampeded out of there the hole area was blown but i laughed all the way back to camp.   :biglaugh:  

lets hear some of your funny stories or pranks
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: bowhunting pranks lets hear yours
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 08:44:00 PM »
Every year, our house becomes "deer camp".

From suburban Detriot, some members of my family
travel north to eat,sleep, and hunt. Great times.

Many of my family members think I have a plumbing problem, when in reality what I have is a shut off valve on my water heater.

While they are in a nice hot shower, I can sneak to the basement and slam this valve shut, changing their nice hot shower into glacial run off as they are left with only 45 degree well water cascading down their bodies. The results are a banging and thumping above me as they try to escape the shower stall before hypothermia sets in.   :p  

Slam the valve open again, and the banging and thumping subsides, as the hot water returns.   :)  

No matter how many times I do this, I always laugh till I cry when I hear the banging and cussing in the shower stall which is just above my water heater.

Just a week ago, my thirty year old nephew told me I have a SEVERE problem with running out of hot water suddenly. If he would have stayed only a moment longer he would have been able to rinse off better cause the hot water came back on.  :thumbsup:

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »
Tradtusker, that is too funny.To me a hunt or life itself for that matter just aint the same without a lot of laughs thrown . I like to ambush my friends from time to time.What I mean is if I come in early even if its only a few minutes Ill set up and watch the expected return routes from a well hidden position.When they are in range I twang my bow string at them.Scares the pants off people and its good practice too.I just make sure they dont have an arrow on the string.  :scared:

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »
This year while we were on a trip to Potter county,PA for bow season,we saw a bear off the road in the woods.We wanted to get a picture of it,so we headed off into the woods quick,but the bear scared off in a hurry.Without missing a beat my buddy turns to his right and yells,"THERE'S THE MOTHER!"His brother about jumped out of his camo.LOL I can't even type this without smiling about it hahaha  :D  

Stuff like that just makes a trip awesome and unforgetable.  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Offline DTS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 09:36:00 PM »
Awesome awesome awesome!! Thanks for the laughs.  God bless.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 09:59:00 PM »
I had my buddy set up on a scrape line a rub line that I made. He still hopes to see that buck "one day".
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »
thats pretty cruel Jamie    :biglaugh:

Andy Ivy

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 10:31:00 PM »
It is, but he deserves it for all the times he messed with me while we were turkey hunting. the best part is I used the foot off of a pig of a buck he got the year before to "track up" the scrapes.
No harm no foul though, because the deer ended up taking over for me over the years. Besides...you never know. "one day..."
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 11:27:00 PM »
I am not known to pull pranks on people   :rolleyes:  one time however; while hunting in Michigan ( late 70's) I found a dead grouse just hit by a passing vehicle.

I took the grouse and set it up- so it looked alive.. with a bunch of strategically placed sticks.

Then when my buddy came along I acted surprised and 'spotted' the grouse..  

He shot his whole quiver full of arrows at it; and they were all freshly sharpened broadheads
  :knothead:
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 01:07:00 AM »
I don't prank folks in the field but at the range you'd be amazed how folks react to a Mongolian whistling arrow. Sounds like someone set off fireworks in the building.
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 04:37:00 AM »
Brian...he's still your buddy?
Do you buy him a can of honing oil every Christmas?

:biglaugh:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 07:25:00 AM »
mines alot like jamies'. me and a buddy of mine went to a friends camp to give him a hand with a new out house. well, we were waiting for about 45 mins. and we decided to have some fun. i grabbed a metal rake and "rubbed" about 15 trees within 100 tds of the camp. and my buddy made about 10 "scrapes", all within sight of the camp.   :eek:  

now let me say that this camp is in willmington vt. there is hardly any deer!!   :banghead:    and nobody has ever shot a deer out of the camp.

so when my buddy, and his father and grandfather showed up they saw the "rubs" and "scrapes" and were so excited it was unbelievable!!   :jumper:  
needless to say they all went there for about 4 days to "hunt this big buck". and guess what....
the grandfather acually saw a deer!! not a big buck,i think it was a doe. but needless to say a deer.
i felt so bad that me and my friend decided never to tell any of them..   :(    ( i hope they dont read tradgang!!!lol
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 08:03:00 AM »
Andy,

Here is one with African flavour for you. This happened on one of our trips to Zim. One evening we are all sitting around the dinner table about to eat. Guys are putting food on table and in front of me gets set this caserole dish with lid on it. When we start, I of course reach for the closest thing to start. Well, when the lid came off, I was startled to say the least. In the dish was a rather large black set of the male lower anatomy nuts attached! All I could think of was what poor tracker lost his you know what today. After the laugh, it turned out to be from a zebra stallion that one of the guys had taken that day.

Two days later I shot a nice big male baboon. Off with his head and proped his mouth wide open with stick and headed for the above culprits chalet. Once inside the baboons head was placed in the toilet bowl facing up mouth wide open of course and the lid closed. After supper that night the was a loud scream from you know who's chalet and Dave was even for now!
hunt it

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 08:26:00 AM »
I went hunting with three other guys several years ago and Two of us was to meet at the end of the lane with the other two that were hunting the upper end of the property...Well my good friend Dennis and I were waiting for our Buddy's Otis and Billy to come down the lane to say goodbye and check to see what we saw during the evenings hunt...Well I had a set of deer antlers in the truck and told Dennis " Hey let's make like we are gutting this big deer in the ditch and I will hold the antlers like this thing is huge...So as Otis drove about 1 mile per hour down the lane his lights were shining on us somewhat and Billy and Otis thinks Those guys got a big one there...So Otis get's out and comes over and says something like Ol my what do we have and he's all excited for us till he gets up and see we were just holding a set of rattlin antlers...Otis is a Pastor and man did I feel Quilty after that....Billy deserved this prank due to something he did to us several years ago on a hunt in GreenRidge in Western Maryland but that's a whole different story....God Bless AND have some fun when you hunt,camp with good Folks....Keefers <")))><

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 08:49:00 AM »
Here's one I almost did on my Buddy Dennis but the GOOD LORD changed my mind after I did it....I was heading down the lane from my evenings hunt and as I was driving I saw my Buddy Dennis had set up my ground blind at the end of an old Holly tree orchard and was ready to go deer hunting by himself early the next morning...Well This thought entered my mind saying "Wouldn't it be funny if he unzipped that entrance door tomorrow morning and someone will be sitting on a bucket when he shined his light in there...   :scared:   So I remembered He has an outhouse on this farm with a big dummy sitting on the throne with a pair of bluejeans pulled down like he's using this outhouse...So I backed up the lane ran to the outhouse and grabbed this full grown dummy and hall tail it back to the blind and loughing all the way through this Holly orcherd thinking how it will scare the HeeBeeCheebees out of him in the morning...Next thing I know I'm thinking you know he might really have a heart attack and how will I explain this to his dear wife  cause he is nearly 60 years old but I know he's a Saved Christian and will go to Heaven so what Have I got to loose....Then God talked to my heart and said I am not ready for him yet so take and put that dummy back in that outhouse...I called him later and explained to him what I Was planning to do and he thought that it was a good idea but I could loose my hunting privalege there since He did invite me to hunt there...    :biglaugh:   Keefers <")))><

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 09:35:00 AM »
This prank wasn't in deer camp, but was about a new longbow I had coming.

My wife and daughter, knowing what a Widow fan I am, had ordered me a PLGA from Black Widow.  My wife wanted to make sure the bow was exacly how I would want it, so she didn't keep it a secret.  Asking me about the specs and telling me when it was coming.  So, when she got the notice from Black Widow that my new bow would be arriving, I took the day off to wait for the bow and sign for it.  I had posted on one of the forums that my new bow would be arriving tommorrow and I had taken the day off to wait for it.
  Well, the next day my good friend John Pyeatt AKA "leftyfred"  called and disguising his voice, told me he was a supervisor from UPS.  Asked if I was expecting a package today and I said I was.  He said that the delivery truck had been in an accident and that many of the packages had been damaged including, mine.  
  Thankfully he came clean before the tears started to fall!
  That reminds me.  I still own John for that!

Offline Trad Man 25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »
Hay Andy i guess i can tell you a story, about this one time in camp i was fast asleep after a long day in the Bush,
When my two Drunken Camp Buddies thought it was funny to storm the room and repededly fireing a .50cal Muzzle-loader and a Foghorn 30cm from my head.

HaHaHa,, Still dont see the Funny side of that one,, You now i still havent forgiven then for that, and ill get them back one day.

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »
the funniest part was just before "they" set it off, you leaned up squinting half asleep and said "what's that you'v got there"

.....WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAA(foghorn), BOOM(muzzle loader), WWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAA, BOOM

the muzzle loader just powder and wadding.

another thing we had planned for the trip was sitting as a group on of the hides over a water hole, but we where going to sneak a FOG HORN in with us (anyone been to africa knows how the water holes can get covered up with animals) the plan was to have me filming Trad Man shoot an animal but just as he was about at half draw Nige would hit the fog horn, i think it would be priceless animals would be running themselves dead on tree's trying to get away and Trad man would about have a heart attack from the adrenalin and shock of the fog horn going off   :campfire:

another idea if any of you plan on hunting africa is to use one of the rare trophy mounts in the lodge your staying (sable, leopard will work well) get in with one of the guides and sneak it out of the lodge then set it up say head and horns sticking out the tailgate and radio the main PH guide and say you shot something but your not sure what it is. when he walks around the corner and see's a massive sable sticking out of the tailgate .... funny every time

Andy Ivy

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 11:10:00 AM »
Took my older cousin elk hunting one year.  He had never hunted elk, so did't know what to put in his fanny pack.  While sitting around camp, we told him we would put everything he would need in his pack for him.  We loaded the bottom with rocks then some gear.  All week he complained about a back ache.  When he got home after hunting a week, he found the rocks.  We got a good cussing from him.  :biglaugh:

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »
A friend of mine told me this story but I might tell it a little different then He. We know this guy who works all the time to make money and always looking to make a buck...For a prank my buddy Bruce tells David he shot this buck and had trouble locating him and needed Davids help on finding him...Well Bruce makes this fake blood trail from some kind of dead carcass and zig zags the woods...David shows up and takes the blood trail and spots blood  ...few more steps blood and more blood and this go's on for quite some time...Well finally Dave gets to the end of the trail and he comes up to an arrow stuck into the ground with a note and a $1.00 bill and on the note says" Here is that Buck youv'e been chasing for all these years...Man did I crack up over that story and wish I was there to witness when he come up on his "Buck"    :biglaugh:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©