3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bowhunting pranks lets hear yours  (Read 450 times)

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bowhunting pranks lets hear yours
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
As soon as I saw pranks I thought of the Wensel bros. They wrote some stuff for the PBS magazine several yrs ago that brought tears to my eyes I was laughing so hard....PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Offline Zenzele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »
While fishing on the Vaal river in SA with about 10 buddy's we had  lots of fun. One night we split up 5 on each bank. Needless to say the opposeing team kept ribbing us about falling asleep etc... after a bit of castle etc all became quiet across the river!  :saywhat:  
Mark and I quitely paddeled our canoe over to them and then proceded to attach lines to each of the rods tips...  :clapper:  
Sadly only 3 out of the 5 were willing to jump in to save their rods!!   :goldtooth:  
Fun Fun Fun!!
Andy those rubber snakes always do the trick! Good memories right there!!  :biglaugh:
'It's better to have less thunder in the mouth, and more lightning in the hand.' - Apache proverb

Offline wenselkid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 03:42:00 PM »
Growing up in the Wensel household, I was witness to many a practical joke. I could probably fill a couple pages with the jokes I have seen or heard. My Dad (Barry) started me out at a young age by telling me he could easily tell where we could hunt a big buck just by eating several "turds" from its pile. I was disgusted, yet impressed at the time. I found out later that the turds were actually just chocolate-covered raisins!! That was only the beginning.......

Offline Tyler Carlson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 04:19:00 PM »
I knew a Wensel story was going to show up here, it was inevitable....
"The desert's quiet and Cleveland's cold..."

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 07:36:00 PM »
wensel kid that is one of the oldest hunting jokes. Probably the oldest.

The way I heard it was a guy tells the other "You see those?" Referring to dried deer poo on the ground. He tells the guy it's a type of seed that falls from pods of this tree. (Whatever tree it's under)

"The Indians ate them because they thought they make you smart."

After the guy eats some and says "This tastes like S*%t." and his buddy replies. "See they still work. You're smart'n up already."
South Louisiana Longbow Shooter

The only trophy you'll ever bring home is a good time. The rest is just meat. -SP

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 09:33:00 AM »
A number of years ago my hunting area was getting crowded. So i made some fake scrapes and told everyone about all the buck sign "way across town".  It worked.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline wenselkid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »
There was also the time where one of Dad's hunting buddies set up his treestand in the "mecca" of big buck country. He was very excited to hunt the stand. Uncle Gene proceeded to sneak in and placed empty beer cans and cigarette butts at the bottom of the tree. I wish I would have been there to see that one!!!

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2008, 12:12:00 PM »
I remember one time at the barber shop when I was getting a haircut a guy came in and asked if he could sweep the floor.

It was a pretty odd request but what he wanted was a sack full of human hair. One of his neighbors did something to him so he was going to go sprinkle hair all over around his hunting areas. I thought that was pretty funny.
South Louisiana Longbow Shooter

The only trophy you'll ever bring home is a good time. The rest is just meat. -SP

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2008, 10:18:00 PM »
I really liked the Wensel joke of jamming a shotgun shell up someones tailpipe...PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2008, 06:44:00 AM »
Like the time I offered to pick up the box with my buddies P&Y black bear hide from the taxidermist... replaced it with a sub hundred pound, badly rubbed specimen.

Made the crowd that had gathered for the opening smile hugely. Made my bud stutter for a week.

Then there was the time... showed up for breakfast at an older friends house (I was in my early twenties)before the hunt.

He tells my buddy and I to pick up the sack lunches he had his wife prepare for us on the kitchen counter.
He would be taking his own vehicle to a different spot that morning.

Our truck was cold and we were halfway to our hunting spot before we noticed the smell and the greasy spot on the paper bags.

He'd put the remains of some northern pike in our lunch sacks. He thought that was hilarious... until!

Coming home from work one evening after dark my buddy and I spotted a dead skunk in the road. We both seemed to have the same idea and stopped to pick it up.

We parked a block from old Ted's house and snuck up his driveway.

Don't know how we got the hood on that old Bronco open without making a huge racket, but we did.

The skunk was wired securely to the manifold.

It was several days before Ted stopped for gas and the attendant checked his oil. "You know you've got a skunk under here", he said to Ted.

All that time Ted thought he'd hit a skunk on the road. His practical jokes stopped after that.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Slasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2008, 08:34:00 AM »
A hunting prank we pull on a fella... Had an old foam decoy that we toucked up with some paint (the foam had lost its battle to UV rays) and we broke out the cordless drill, screwed on some rattling antlers with some dryscrews and set it in the thick switchcane.... oh bout 90 yds away and positioned it so it was looking away, with its head behind a small tree to help camo the set up as he was looking a little worse for wear... It was a perfect ambush! Vitals exposed bullwinkle horns sticking out each side of the tree!!!  

But this deer hunter extrordinaire only shot a 300 win mag, with a really light bullet to get almost 4000fps(I think thats a varmint bullet.) BIGGER+ FASTER= MORE GOODER!!! At 10:30 BOOM BOOM BOOM.... pause... Boom Boom.... I was laughing so hard I almost fell outta my tree!!! He even reloaded!!! The best was when he threw the target down in camp... within 5 minutes an examination revealed that It had been hit, in the glutes 2x, the leg 1x, the gut 1x... but the vitals once... I got out of that hunt club... as doing that to the fella who holds the lease ak,k,a,
club president was evidently taboo in that club...

Oh I find that a good rasp works best for making good looking Rubs on Cedars....
Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.
                                        ~Zig Ziglar~

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©