3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Taylor Bows?  (Read 158 times)

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
Taylor Bows?
« on: November 26, 2008, 01:28:00 AM »
I recently traded for a Taylor brand bow, supposed to be a small bowyer from AL, makes a lot of kids bows, this one is supposed to be his higher end, 54" 50#@28, kinda like a martin X200. Anybody can you give me some info on these bows, websites, etc?? Thanks in advance.
samuel koger

Offline SCATTERSHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Taylor Bows?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 11:00:00 AM »
He used to make some bows for Dan Quillian, I believe. He had a website, Jim Taylor Bows or some such. he used to be pretty hard to contact, and you will find comments all over the map from folks who have dealt with him.
"Experience is a series of non - fatal mistakes."

Offline Grey Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Taylor Bows?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 01:33:00 PM »
My experience with Jim was all over the place. Sometimes he was great to work with and other times it took months of time and numerous unanswered phone calls and emails to get an order out of him.
The wood bows were of varying tiller quality, his glass bows weren't too bad but lacking in finish and polish. I felt the glass bows were good value for the money.
His website is long gone and I have no idea if he is still making bows or how to get in touch with him.

Guy
Tie two birds together; though they have four wings, they can not fly.
The Blind Master

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©