3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Samick Red Stag?  (Read 549 times)

Offline unregistered

• Trad Bowhunter
Samick Red Stag?
« on: November 26, 2008, 01:28:00 PM »
Hullo. I have been considering the purchase of a Samick Red Stag take-down Recurve. I have no experience with Samick bows and I was wondering if anybody here has had the opportunity to shoot the Red Stag or has any opinion on Samick bows in particular. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Samick Red Stag?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »
i bought a samick verna longbow last year and love it!! for 170.00 i cant think of a better deal out there. they are great bows, and for a fraction of the price of a custom. this way you can see if its something you would be interested in. if not oh-well, you not out alot of money.
but i assure you, you wont be disapointed.  :readit:  

jamie
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline Bakes168

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 02:54:00 PM »
Gaffey-PM sent
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there"
-Fred Bear

James 2:19-20

USMC Infantry

Offline unregistered

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply gaffey-27, Samick is starting to sound better all the time.
But as far as the Red Stag goes, I am becoming a little discouraged on  the lack of info that I can find on the web. I mean even the official Samick and Great Tree websites don't mention anything about it, and I can only find it available from TradTech. Any idea why?

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »
As long as I know Samick bows are mass build in Corea and then commercialized from a big international dealer in Austria, all around the world. At least it was so some years ago. They were a very entry level, this doesn't mean that they could be good bows. If you still want more information I can ask around and let You know
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline stick_string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »
I would love to know more about these bows...
stick_string

GEN 27:3 (its in the BIBLE!!)

Ember Longbow and Brack Drifter

Offline stick_string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 03:38:00 PM »
I know that years ago...Samick was the company that made PSE recurves, they still may...dont know.
stick_string

GEN 27:3 (its in the BIBLE!!)

Ember Longbow and Brack Drifter

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 04:17:00 PM »
Ok give me a couple of days. But you look for a inexpensive bow or you want just to try?
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
i just went to lancaster archery website. the red stag td recurve is 179.00. and there is a pic. they have some sweet bows, the devistator, and some other bow that looks like a bob lee hunter.
click on samick traditional bows. not samick recurve bows, that will take ya to the olympic style bows.
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline unregistered

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 05:18:00 PM »
Hullo cacciatore I am looking for an inexpensive take-down recurve as a backup for my regular bow. And thank you gaffey-27 for the heads up on lancaster archery.

Offline Big_Al

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »
I bought a Samick Stingray from Lancaster Archery.  It's VERY similar to a Widow PTF and is a VERY hard bow to beat for just over $200.00.
"And that, my friends, is the minority vote."  -Bill the Butcher

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »
Samick made the bows that won the Olympic games. They make the best limbs in the world for ILF risers as well.  I've owned several...make that four different Samick bows.  All of them were great bows, particularly the 58" Volcano which is sold under the Chiron name.  Talk to Lee Vivian at Lancaster Archery about the line.  Most of them are excellent values.

Offline selfbowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »
I've got a Samick Hawkeye take-down recurve along with several other bows and the hawkeye get the most use. Shooting and looks it will match up to any Widow for less than 1/3 the price. As far as quality goes Samick builds most of the olympic bow limbs. The only bad thing I can think of about them is they are not US made. They are built in Korea. Glenn

Offline Big_Al

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »
George, Lee is the guy who sold me my Stingray.  He brought one in LH and RH to ATAR this year, and sold them both.  He also sold several more later to guys who had shot them at ATAR, myself included.  If you haven't tried one out yet, you should.  I know you're a long-time Samick fan.  I've had a Woodsman and a Hawkeye and the Stingray is FAR superior to either of them.
"And that, my friends, is the minority vote."  -Bill the Butcher

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 09:50:00 PM »
i have a samick deer slayer t/d recurve and its good value shoots real sweet go for it cant go wrong.  :thumbsup:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline unregistered

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »
Well thanks for all your opinions I will be ordering the Red Stag tomorrow from Lancaster Archery. That is if its open seeing as its thanks giving down there and all.

Offline unregistered

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 11:28:00 AM »
Well the order has been made and my new bow will be on its way Monday. Thanks for all the advice everybody, and when it comes in I will try to post some photos if I can figure out how to do so.

Offline TradCanfield

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
I'm new to the Archery World and I'm currently looking for a inexpensive recurve.

do you like your Samick Red Stag?

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »
I just bought one for a back up bow, it shoots great, I am getting another set of limbs for it and will have less than 300 dollars in the riser and two sets of limbs.

Offline White Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 12:45:00 AM »
Samick bows are a great bow at a fair price! I have been carrying there bows since 2003.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©