3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison ILF, what do you think?  (Read 704 times)

Offline Oscar-eleven

• Trad Bowhunter
Morrison ILF, what do you think?
« on: November 27, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »
I own several metal handled ILF hunting bows and really like them. I'd appreciate some opinions of Morrison ILF owners. How do you like your bows?

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison ILF, what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »
I have both the 18" and 16" risers, both with Morrison foam/glass recurve limbs.  They are great bows, very well made, very quiet, and  very stable.  I like them alot.

Mark

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »
not trying to hijack your thread, but was wondering if standard olympic recurve limbs, like the winex limbs, fit these as well?  or do they have to be the morrison limbs?
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 11:20:00 AM »
Any ILF limb will fit the risers.  I had a set of Samick Extreme limbs for a while.  Just preferred the Morrison limbs.

Offline DEAN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 04:37:00 PM »
I think they shoot pretty nice!!!!

TGMM Family of the Bow
Comptons Traditional Bowhunter

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »
are they avalible in 18" right now?  it says short and long risers coming soon, but i didnt see what lenghts are being made now.  also, do you know his wait time?
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »
I got a 16 inch and a 20 inch.  most natural feeling and pointing wooden riser I've shot.  I don't shoot instnictive much. both the arrow in the target were shot at 16 yds with BH instnictively.  It not that I can't shoot instnictively, I choose to aim.  when I shoot instnictively it is with the Morrison risers.  top riser has carbon/wood short ILF limbs 60# on my fingers (28").  bottom riser is has carbon/wood shorts 52# on my fingers

http://sites.google.com/site/stringwalkerbowhunter/boggybottoms

rusty

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »
I've recently had a chance to shoot Bob's mini 14 ILF and all I can say is I will have one on order here soon   :goldtooth:

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »
What do I think about them? They are the second best bow on the market, imho (with the Shawnee being first). Mine should be here shortly.   :thumbsup:  

Deflexed riser, tune-ability of ILF fittings, flexibility of Bob's foam/carbon longbow limbs or foam recurve limbs or ILF Olympic limbs all wrapped in a package with the exact grip you want in the exact woods you want....what's not to love?

Take Bob up on his try-before-you-buy program, and give one a whirl...only your checkbook will be sorry.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »
I have owned a Morrison Mini 14 for a couple of months now along with a set of the foam/carbon Dakota "C" limbs that make it a 56" bow. It is the best shooting bow I own and is stack free at my draw length of 29 1/2". The sight window is surprisingly big for such a short riser and the riser is deflexed for greater stability. The WinEx limbs work great on the bow according to those who shoot them. I don't really know why anyone would choose one of the longer risers for hunting unless extra weight and length was considered to be an advantage. Bob Morrison shoots two of the Mini 14 ILF's and he can shoot any bow he makes.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »
Just got a 16" ILF riser on a trade and put some Tradtech Carbonwood limbs that I'd picked up cheap on it .  I can honestly say I've never shot better.  The bow is fast, stable and surprisingly shootable for a short bow.  I can only imagine what it would be like with the carbon/foam Morrison limbs.  I'm no ILF expert by far but I'm loving this bow.  I've shot some nice bows including the Shawnee and Cheyenne and I believe this is my pick.  I'm already trying to think of a way to get a 14" riser and some Morrison limbs to match.  I guess I've gotta put some of my other bows on the classifieds.  Yes, they are that good.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline Oscar-eleven

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 08:56:00 PM »
The only reason JC thinks the Shawnee is a better bow is that he hasn't received his Mini 14 ILF bow yet! He will change his mind once he has spent a month or less shooting the bows side by side. JC is a very good shot and shoots his Shawnee better than either Bob Morrison or I shoot our ILF's, but he will shoot his own ILF even better than his Shawnee. Don't let JC fool you - the reason he ordered the ILF is that he shot Bob's ILF when we were all hunting together and was VERY impressed with the ILF! I own both (and of course Bob does too), and the ILF is better - but not by very much. I think it may be the deflexed riser on the ILF that makes the difference. Do take Bob up on his "test drive" program if you are interested. Being able to try out a bow and return it if it doesn't work for you is a great opportunity. Bob doesn't get a lot of returns.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Lewis Brookshire III

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 09:04:00 PM »
I just got my 14" Solid Phenolic ILF riser yesterday, haven't got to play with it a good bit yet but I am already liking it......a lot!! As soon as I can save up enough money it will have a pair of Morrison Carbon/Foam 56" longbow limbs.....I cant wait!
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot: Missionary/Martyr.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »
Lewis,

I saw the pictures of your Mini 14 riser on the other thread. It is fancier than mine with the extra laminations on the front of the riser. I hope you enjoy shooting the bow as much as I have mine. You will be thrilled with the Dakota limbs when you get them. That is the same combination as Bob Morrison and I shoot and is the same as what JC ordered. The limbs are expensive, but you definitely get what you pay for when you buy Morrison products. Bob makes great bows!

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline k. sisco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 11:41:00 PM »
If this bow is better than the shawnee w/Dakota limbs I would love to shoot one.
JC please let me know what you think after you shoot it awhile?
If you like it better than the shawnee please let me know.
Bob makes nothing but the best bows IMHO.

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 12:53:00 AM »
I have a mini-14 Morrison ilf riser. I have the all phenolic riser and had it dipped in predator deception. I have been shooting some flute limbs, but have some Morrison foam/carbon longbow limbs on order. I think it sould be a sweat shooter. The limbs will have canebreak skins, so the bow will be canebreak and camo.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 11:58:00 AM »
Ken,

I have two Shawnees with Dakota foam/carbon limbs, and I love them, but I like the ILF even better. So does Bob Morrison. I hope JC will let us all know what he thinks after he has shot his ILF for awhile. He is a better shot than I am, so his opinion is probably worth more than mine.

Where are you in Oklahoma? I am in OKC.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bobg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »
I think they are fabulous! Of course I have Allan (amar911) to blame....er, I mean credit for my bank account being lighter as I ordered an ILF like his with the mini-14 phenolic riser and "C" carbon foam core Dakota limbs making a 56" bow.

I have 4 Shawnees and prefer my ILF over the Shawnees. It's close, but I have to agree with Allan and JC in that the deflexed riser makes the bow very stable and smooth. I also ordered the WinEx recurve limbs and absolutely love them. Very smooth to draw and fast as well. Of all my bows (13 in total), my Morrison ILF is my favorite. Just makes sense, as this bow has the flexibility of being a recurve and longbow all in one.

Bob
Einstein: It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.

Offline Zog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 12:11:00 PM »
S'pose I could get one of you describe the attraction of the mini 14"?  

I would love to try one and see, but he doesn't rent them and they are expensive.

I shot the 16 inch and it seemed like I would rather go with a longer riser than a shorter one.
Freedom is not constituted primarily of privileges, but of responsibilities

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©