3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A&H ACS or Widow PAX?  (Read 817 times)

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A&H ACS or Widow PAX?
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 07:15:00 PM »
get the widow...you're already in love with it. It's not like you'll be dissapointed, after all, they are excellent bows..

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »
Have you shot both bows?  Black Widow does a demo program.  Call up A&H maybe they'll let you try one out as well.  That is the only real way to make up your mind.  I've been in this boat before and no matter what you buy, you'll always wonder about the other.  Both are great bows, they just don't work for everyone...Mike

Offline Big_Al

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2008, 11:17:00 AM »
Well, after great debate I took the plunge.  Dan at A&H is now putting together a 58" ACS-CX for me.  Red/charcoal silvertone Dymondwood riser.  Last night I shot my longbow and my recurve a bunch, and decided that I just like the feel of a longbow better.  Now comes the hardest part, the waiting...

"And that, my friends, is the minority vote."  -Bill the Butcher

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »
I have a PSA5 and love it Big Al, not too much difference in the speed department versus the ACS-CX.  

I crave an ACS-CX, and have it on my short list.  Think it's a good idea to own them both and have the best of both worlds.

Be sure to post your thoughts when your new ACS arrives!

Thanks.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 07:33:00 PM »
Their web site does not show the Diamonwood riser. Is there extra charge for that?
John

Offline Big_Al

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2008, 07:56:00 PM »
John, I think they may have one more Dymondwood riser left in RH, you'd have to call DAn and ask.  There won't be any more of them.

It seems like the PAX and ACS-CX are as different as apples and oranges.  Maybe a man would be better off to have one of each...

Offline Ontario Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2008, 08:40:00 PM »
I just got home from a road trip to the big city for work. I picked up an ACS CX from a friend to try for a couple of weeks. After work I went to an archery shop to fling a few arrows through the crono,, I should note not a controlled test but I just shot normally. I shoot heavy arrows (for my bow weight), arrows were tuned for my bow but not the ACS. I draw 26"
Results:
Got to longbow 60" 52 @ 26
600g arrow = 143 fps
700g arrow = 134 fps

62" ACS CX 48 @ 26
600g arrow = 154 fps
700g arrow = 137 fps

WOW!!,, ASC was quiet and grouped well at 20 yards (even though I never touched a thing),, darn,,I would love to see what a 52 @ 26 would do,,Frank
Black Coffee, Red Wine, Blue Waters, Green fields, Yellow sunsets,Whitetailed Deer,, All the Primary colors of Life ,,,.
I don't choose the deer, the deer chooses me.

Offline donpatch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 11:27:00 PM »
Big Al,
You made the right decision!  I was in the same boat a month ago and decided on the the ACX and all I can say is WOW! The Widow is a fast bow no doubt, but the ACS is faster and much quieter. I have never shot a bow that is this accurate and forgiving. Wherever I point it and make a good release, it drills holes like a laser. I have been shooting traditional for 20 years and I'm just giddy every time I shoot this thing!
----------------------
Black Swan 54# takedown

Offline justin ammons

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 03:02:00 PM »
i own both as well.  my widow was way more finicky with the brace height.  if it wasn't spot on perfect, i could tell it.  the acs is much quieter and shoots harder in my opinion.  the deal breaker for my widow is the fact that the acs is much more forgiving.  on shots where i know i flinch as soon as i let it go, i miss my mark by inches with the acs rather than a foot with the widow.
Pr. 3:5-6

Offline Big_Al

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2008, 07:34:00 PM »
three weeks and counting, folks....

Offline plentycoupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »
I have an ACS CX, 62" 56@28. Great bow and I shoot it better than any other I have owned. Very forgiving of bad form.

Customer service at A&H is great as well. The riser on my bow cracked and they replaced it as soon as I mailed it to them.

I don't like the finish on the new riser though. Seems like an off dull compared to the original and it must have been bumped as there are 4 white spots, kinda bubble looking, in the finish.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©