3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers... who's in?  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Wapiti Way

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers... who's in?
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »
I'm in, as a Life Member! It a "lean and mean" group that gives the best bang for the buck I know of out there in terms of protecting wild country and wild hunting opportunities.  Check it out . . .

Offline elk ninja

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »
I'm in!  A regular member, I look forward to the near future when I can get in some volunteer time and, perhaps, become a life member.
>>>--Semper-Fi--->

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline Smellslikeskunk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »
My most successful elk hunting over fifty years depends on elk that are not disturbed daily....the more settled into their daily habits the easier they are to hunt.  Easy access by ATVs makes former backcountry into "vacant country"as far as elk goes in a short period.  They need large enough security areas they dont have to escape to private land.  

BHA fights hard on exactly those issues.

Offline eidsvolling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Dave2old:
So, I hereby declare such a special for TradGang members who mention this thread. If you join via the website with a credit card, simply note in the comment box "TradGang new member $15 special" or somesuch.
Well, now you've done it.  You had me embarrassed earlier that I haven't joined a long time ago, and now you've gone and made it impossible to dither any longer.     ;)     (Good on ya!)

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »
Talondale, fly-ins are a method of delivery to a hunting location, much like a car or truck.  ATV's, OTV's, etc., are like fleas on a hound dog..they are all through the woods.   I don't think you would be driving the plane up and down the trails. I'm sure Dave2old can give an answer to that for sure.

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »
Black Bart ... uh, I mean George, has it right. BHA has NO position on fly-ins. It is roads, the reasons they are built (extract, extract, extract), and what they bring that turn backcountry into front country, destroy habitat and kill the traditional hunting experience -- that is, a bit of special effort to get there and rewards to match -- that we all love as the best of America, whether we can ever visit such places or not. Maybe our grandkids can ... if it's still there. Another current post, which I've not read, asks "Do you pay for hunting access?" My reaction is: "Darn right I do -- by busting my buns to keep America's public hunting lands wild and public, as clearly do so many of you brothers (and sisters). And hey, special thanks to Terry for leaving this post here rather than moving it to a far less visible forum. You da guys! dave

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 10:18:00 PM »
Dave, I took your info from the Boise trad fair(couple years ago) to my local senators.  I asked them to get in on the ground floor on this.  They told me the ATV and "jeep" types B_B_Q'd those who tried to get limited access provisions.  I still think we have to work on it holostically.  
I fully understand why the guys back east don't fully understand our concern:  The tire ruts never go away!  They drive those things where no one should drive anything.  You can spot game at miles and the ATV race to get close to game begins at daylight opening day-more for rifle hunters than archers-but still happens.  I have slipped into aa good, high position and watched guys ride all day on an ATV, never getting off.  Considering some people have no self constraints-ssomething needs to be done.
I proposed that only roads on the DeLorme maps of 1996 and before be legal for such travel.  Any trail not on those series of maps are not to be used for vehicular traffic.  I also propose every vehicle require a sticker with large numbers on it-proceeds from the stickers would be used to repair previous damage.  In this world of sticky state and federal budgets-get the money up front.
Semper Fi, and thanks for your continuing efforts.
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Toklat1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 11:56:00 PM »
Ok Dave, I am in. Just joined on the trad membership special as a regular member. Thank you very much.  :)
Mark Griffin
USAF Retired
1981-2001

"When a Man comes to the mountains, He comes home." John Muir

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2008, 03:51:00 AM »
Thanks for the reminder, I need to re-up.

Offline kbaknife

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2008, 05:52:00 AM »
I'm in.
When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom.
Chief Joseph

Offline DMM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 08:13:00 AM »
Anyone know if there is a Pennsylvania Chapter?  Not much if any wilderness left here but I like the concept and mission.
"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me."
Genesis 27:3

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 12:50:00 PM »
I am now the newest member.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 06:41:00 PM »
Second to the newest! lol
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Jimikinz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »
I've been in for a while, but there is no California chapter.  Anyone want to start one?
Thanks,
Jim Anderson

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »
DMM - Don't think so, though we have members there. You can join and start one!

Offline Mike Orton

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »
Jimikinz  PM sent re: CA Chapter
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »
I'm a member and a huge supporter. The BHA is a great organization and I encourage every outdoorsman to join.

Peter Iacavazzi

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2008, 10:46:00 PM »
Hi all, I've been away out west doing some work and have just came back in to read this thread. Good to see like minded people in Traditional Archery/Bowhunting putting there $$ where there mouth is.

I'll be submitting my membership asap. I've always loved the idea of the American West, so now I can play a small part in looking after it... all the way from Oz.

AK.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
I know the president and vice president of the Alaska chapter, great guys who I admire and respect a great deal.
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Offline Don Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2008, 12:02:00 AM »
I strongly support the BHA and its mission. Illegal use of ORV's and irresponsible resource exploitation threaten my outdoor activities far more than anti-hunters. Don

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©