3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fred Bear take down Supreme  (Read 151 times)

Offline Jeff Kruse

• Trad Bowhunter
Fred Bear take down Supreme
« on: November 30, 2008, 05:09:00 AM »
Hi Guys,
I am new to the site, as of last week. I live up In Fairbanks Alaska. I have been up here since 92, been bow hunting 32 years, I have had my share of bows.
I am going to be buying a supreme. I was just wondering from the guys that have one, what they thought about the bow. As far as the wood, and the finish and how they shoot. I have had one fred bear take down, in 65# I was thinking of ordering this bow in a 55#. I know the bows stack real bad, if you over draw them, I shoot a 30 inch arrow, thats why I was going to go with a 55#. I am just looking for a bow to have fun with.
Thanks
Jeff

Offline bushytail

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fred Bear take down Supreme
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 05:38:00 AM »
I like the Super Kodiak.I wish i had the money for a Supreme take-down.There nice looking bows.Thats alot of money for a bow just to have for fun.I have a Bear Super Kodiak #60@28 with rattle snake skins on the limbs for $280.Alot cheaper than a supreme if you want a bow for fun.Maybe someday i`ll get a Supreme T/D.PM me if your interested.
Harold Wetzler

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fred Bear take down Supreme
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »
The fit and finish on the Supreme TD is a step above what Bear has been putting out. There was absolutely no play in the sockets when the limbs were in.  It's a gorgeous bow.  I'd put it on par with the TDs from the late 70's and early 80's.  Much nicer than what's been coming out since the late 80's IMO.  Looks a lot nicer too  :)   but they are very pricy.  I bought mine used, then traded it for two Bear TDs.

My draw length is 30"... I prefer the B riser with #2 or #3 limbs, but that's not an option for the Supreme unless you get aftermarket limbs.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©