3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ACS and Alpine quivers  (Read 220 times)

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
ACS and Alpine quivers
« on: November 30, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »
Seen on A&H's webpage, the limbbolt mount system for the Alpine quivers.  Was looking for some feedback if anyone has used one.  I had an Alpine quiver (5 arrow model) on another bow and it seemed very well made.  I really like the quiver.  The only thing I didn't like was with the additional shaft grabber at the bottom of the quiver, it keep the arrows much more parallel to one another, so the feathers didn't spread out so much and I had a heck of a time keepeing them from contacting one another.  I don't use that big of feathers, standard 5" shields.  Any tricks to spread them out any?  With the mounts fitting under the limbs bolts, do you need longer bolts to use?  Thanks!
Chris

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: ACS and Alpine quivers
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 09:45:00 AM »
I'm not familiar with the Alpine quiver, but I do use an EFA limb bolt quiver on my ACS.  Works great.  The leather covered bracket is a strong 1/8 inch thick.  I did not use longer limb bolts.  If the bracket were any thicker, I would look for longer bolts.

Offline Pruneemac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 10:38:00 PM »
I use the soft lock and love it. I have the rubber part on all my bows plus the holster. I do have both types of quivers the straight and spread. I like the spread better. the 7 arrow has the spread the 5 is straight.

hope that helps

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 07:45:00 AM »
Chris, I used a modified version of what you're talking about during my moose hunt in Alaska this September.  If you saw the photo of me with that ugly wolverine a while ago you also saw the highly-modified quiver I had on my experimental ACS recurve.

I own and have used about every brand of bow quiver you can name but in my opinion this option is by far the best.  The soft lock feature enables the archer to easily and quietly remove the quiver from the bow if so desired.  It's the way to go IMHO.  The limb bolts we provide should be long enough but we can always get you a couple of longer ones if you want.

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 07:53:00 AM »
Let me add that 5-arrow model held my 4" 4-fletch sufficiently far apart to prevent them from interfering with one another.

For hunting in the back 40 and not going out all day away from a remote camp (where 4 arrows should be more than sufficient) I sometimes use some of the smaller velcro-attached quivers on my lighter longbows.  But for an all-day hike in remote country I really like the Alpine system.  I especially like the extension I put on my jury-rigged version to hide and protect the fletch.  I covered the molded chicken wire with camo fleece and used camo duct tape to cover the open ends of the fletching shield.  My fletch stayed protected and hidden through some pretty wild brush busting episodes.

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »
Thanks for the replies everyone!

John I did see that picture and read the story of your wolverine.  That was great!
  After using an alpine quiver on another bow, I thought that it was about the quietest and most solid mounting quiver I had used.  When I was checking out your site yesterday and saw the adapter, I thought now that is the way to go.  I will go back and check out your picture again and pay closer attention to the quiver.  Thanks!

Offline foudarme

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 11:19:00 AM »
the custom mount from A&H doesn't fit the 16" riser, a detail that must be known...

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »
Actually the mount does fit any length riser - you just need to mount the rubber grippers at a slightly different angle.  But that raises a good point.  One of these days we'll need to make the aluminum mounting tabs for each riser shape/length.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©