3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kansas City area trad hunt?  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kansas City area trad hunt?
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2008, 02:26:00 AM »
Nobody commented on it, but I mentioned a 7:00am meeting time at the archery range.  Will that be a major inconvenience for anyone?  I'll carry my cell phone all day in case anyone shows up later in the day and wants to find us.  816-582-4003.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2008, 12:41:00 PM »
Kskickapoo and WoodsyDave,

You have PM's
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline kskickapoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »
Dave-
I'll give you a call today to finalize what I'm bringing so we can post what is needed for anyone wanting to bring something.  I just bought my license online for the 27th so I'm ready!  I copied you on an email I sent to Mike (he's out of the country at the moment) so heads up on that.  Talk to you soon.
Chris

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
ttt
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2008, 02:40:00 AM »
Whhhhhoooooooo----hhhhoooooooooo!!!!!!!

1:30am, Christmas Eve and the rain has turned to snow and she's coming down HARD!!!

In just about 15 minutes of snow, already the street is white and my truck looks like there is close to a half inch on it!!!!

Look out bunnies and deer!!!!   We're gonna have some fun Saturday!!!

OOOOouuuuhwww   oooouuuhw  oouuuuhw (Beagles in stereo times three)  Yeeeaaaa hhhhhaaaa!

Can ya tell I'm ready????
Dave

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2008, 03:57:00 AM »
Oh yea, you guys who want to hunt deer, email me at [email protected] so that I can reply in an email with an attached picture.  I dont' see any way to attach a picture to a tradgang PM and I dont' want to post a map of all my hunting spots in this post.  I've got one all made up and an explanation of each stand site.
Dave

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2008, 12:35:00 PM »
ttt
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2008, 11:28:00 AM »
Parents called and said they'd be here tomorrow.  We'll see if I  go.  I'm thinking if I do it will be till noon.
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »
Dang Brian,

Don't your Mom and Dad know that huntin' comes first???  :bigsmyl:  

Hope you can make it at least for a little while.
Dave

Offline kskickapoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2008, 11:32:00 PM »
Hope everyone here had an great Christmas with family & friends and I'm looking forward to Saturday.  Just wanted to let everyone know that Dave & I have tabulated the grocery list and we should have a pretty decent breakfast.  We do however still need some firewood, a couple dozen eggs and some potatos chopped up Juliann style if anyone would care to donate.  I'm planning on get there between 7/0730 with my cookware and a few tables.  Thought we'd rustle up the breakfast then go and "get er' done" with Mike's beagles. See everyone one Saturday!

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »
Well with having three kids living thoughout the state, mom and dad called last night and won't be here till tuesday. I told them no problem.  I'll be there brightand bushy tailed.

Dave, if you can think of it and have space, bring that jacket we talked about earlier. I'd like to check it out.
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2008, 12:14:00 PM »
It's in the truck Brian.

Chris, I'll be able to bring the potatos.

Got my big stove and disc all ready last night.  I'll round up my coffee pots and coleman stove tonight.  I'm probably gonna try to be there a little before seven but we'll see how that goes.  If I'm up late tonight getting my stuff together, I won't be early.

Woodsydave, let me know if you made it up there today to scout and what spot you decided on.

Kind of a bummer that the snow all melted but at least it's not gonna be sub zero temps.  We might get some fresh snow while we're out from the sound of it but it could be rain too.  I hope it's snow.

Oh yea, I'd strongly suggest everyone wears rubber boots if you have them.  Might be pretty sloppy in places and might have a few places of standing water to cross.  We'll mostly be hunting higher ground but there are numerous ditches and small creeks we may encounter.
Dave

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »
I want to wish all you guys good luck tomorrow!! I hope you you have some success tomorrow or at least have a great time which I know you will. Sorry again I couldn't be there, maybe next time. Tripper
Bob Lee Hunter Recurve 55# @ 29''

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2008, 01:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by Gatekeeper:
  :readit:

I’m in for the potatoes or is it potato’s? Whatever… I’ll bring the tubers.

We really need a graemlin with a knife and fork.
I guess you don’t like Camden Point Potatoes?

How much wire wood do we need? If I signup for this are you going to bring firewood too?  :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
Tom,

I guess I'm starting to forget who promised what...  :readit:  

I'll have a knife or two and cutting board(s) there.  Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes or so to cut them up.  Be sure to give them a good rinse at home as we won't have running water on site.  I don't plan to peel them.  Just cube and go...  

Are you going to be there pretty early?  The reason I ask is the potatos take the longest to cook of everything we'll have.  A big honking pan full will take at least 30 to 45 minutes if I do it right.

I'm thinkig I can make the taters in my disc and Chris can do the eggs in his.  I have a flat griddle for my other burner and we'll use it to heat tortillas.  I've got a bunch of ham too.

Make sure you guys don't spoil your appetite at the house before you head out!  It's gonna be a feed!
Dave

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2008, 02:13:00 PM »
They cook a lot faster if they are precooked. That is my plan anyway. I'll be there around 6:45 or 7:00. taters will be chopped and browned. Heat and eat is all they will need.

Will 12 split pieces of wood be plenty?

Offline Aeronut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2008, 02:23:00 PM »
Good luck on your hunts tomorrow guys, I'm not going to be able to make it.  My truck is still in the body shop (2 weeks).  I was hoping to get it done by now but with the holidays it just won't be.

Dennis

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2008, 07:49:00 PM »
Wish I could go to fella's. Tomorrow is My last family dinner of the season. Sister and Her Husband haven't been in town for 4 years so I probably should visit with them. Have a great hunt. There will be lots of good TradGangers there for sure.

bretto

Offline WoodsyDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2008, 08:36:00 PM »
Dave, I did make it up there today and scouted. However, the only place I found that I liked already had a ladder stand sitting there.

I will probably just show up at the feed, have breakfast and tag along with the group. Will have my treestand in case we do a push or if I hunt the evening hunt.

Brian, glad you are going. Maybe we can team up for the evening hunt.

WoodsyDave

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2008, 08:46:00 PM »
I saw Brett’s name and thought I was going to have to make a run to the store for more potatoes.   :bigsmyl:  Sorry you can’t make it Brett.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©