3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What year Kodiak and whats it worth?  (Read 221 times)

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
What year Kodiak and whats it worth?
« on: December 05, 2008, 03:06:00 PM »
I bought this double shelfed Bear Kodiak used but the previous owner was not absolutely sure what year it was. It seems to be in pretty decent shape except for some marring on the belly of the bow and some minor scuffs and scrapes. Does not have any limb twist or any of the checking in the glass on the limbs that is common. I have shot the bow and it shoots fine although I am used to shooting bows that are cut to or near center and the narrow shelf(s)throw me off some. I think the previous owner said the limb tips had been replaced? So Bear gurus what do you think, what year and approximate value?

To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What year Kodiak and whats it worth?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »
Here are a couple more pictures.

To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 03:40:00 PM »
It's worth is not important. If you like old Bear bows you should be real happy with that one. It's a classic.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 03:46:00 PM »
I have a 57 Kodiak (I bought it after getting a chance to shoot the Little Delta Bow) that I really like but this bow does not fit me as well and I am going to list it for sale on the classifieds. Just wanting to list it accurately and at a fair price. Thanks for any info anyone can give me.
         Dan

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 04:00:00 PM »
Just guessing I would $165-$190 plus or minus and how bad somebody really wants it.It's in good shape but not perfect. Good luck, you should sell it quickly.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 05:15:00 PM »
Thanks Ron and David! Anyone else with input let me know.
             Dan

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
There is a similar bow on the big auction site at 330290936889 now and it has a couple days left. You could see what that one brings and have a good idea, though the auction one is 55# - a more desirable hunting weight. I would guess in the $125-160 range for yours. I bought one 47# missing a tip overlay for $50 a year or so ago.

Also more accurate info on year and value on the Trad History/Collecting forum - lots of Bear guru's over there.

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 06:47:00 PM »
Thanks Shaun, I will try that forum!

Offline cujo618

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 12:21:00 PM »
What poundage is this bow?

Offline K2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 12:27:00 PM »
Dan,

I have a reconditioned 1962 Grizzly at the same weight that I will trade you if interested.   Does that bow have both RH and LH rest?  I am looking at switching to LH because that is my dominant eye.  I can send you pics.  It is in excellent condition.  Let me know.  Ken

Offline K2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
Dan,

I sent you pics.  Let me know.  Ken

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 12:57:00 PM »
1955 had decals,,1956 was the same bow with silk screens
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline K2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 09:18:00 PM »
ttt

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©