3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: getting someone started in trad archery!!!!!!!  (Read 627 times)

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
getting someone started in trad archery!!!!!!!
« on: March 06, 2007, 05:47:00 PM »
I am 16 and have been helped with getting started in trad archery by many folks for the past two years, now it is time for me to start someone in trad archery, my cousin who is 9, came over last summer, the minute he saw me shooting my longbow he wanted to have one, i let him shoot one of my old bows from when I was a kid. My first thought was that he was going to shoot for ten minutes, get bored and want to go and do something else, man was I wrong!!!!!, the entire week he was here, all he wanted to do was go outside and shoot my bow, my cousin lives in D.C., where he barely even has a backyard to go out in, he called me on christmas day to tell me that he recieved a #40 bear grizzly made years ago, but good as new, at first his parents were not pleased with me talking to him about achery and bowhunting, because they are totally agaist hunting, he still calls me almost every week to let me know about his shots, what arrows he should use and just the outdoors in general, I am glad to see someone started in one of the greatest sports in the world.
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: getting someone started in trad archery!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »
I was looking at ordering him some good youth arrows, who makes really nice youth arrows?
ARTAC member
52@29 66 bear grizzly

Offline Rusty in Fla.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »
Three Rivers lists youth arrows in their catalog. If you called them I bet they would also be happy to mail your cousin a catalog. that should keep the fires burning.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »
Ian, good for you. Not many people your age would even want to have a 9yr old hang around them let alone teach them something cool to do.

Congrats man, be proud. Alan

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »
Great job Ian. Hope you help keep your cousin in archery. Maybe over time his parents will think differently when they see his passion.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
Yes three rivers has youth arrows and they are inexpensive. My son shoots them out of his bows we like them. I think it is awesome that you have started your cousin shooting. His parents may soon learn that there are worse things there son can do, and go along with it.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »
He let me know that he wants to make his own arrows, thats even better, I'll give him a lesson on that too!!!!!!!!
ARTAC member
52@29 66 bear grizzly

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©