3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cincinnati area public hunting ground  (Read 563 times)

Offline David Sapp

• Trad Bowhunter
Cincinnati area public hunting ground
« on: March 06, 2007, 06:24:00 PM »
Howdy All-
My wife and I will be making the long awaited move back to TN this summer, no offense to the Ohio clan here as I've had a remarkably good time in Cincinnati for the past several years. Well, excepting the lack of sweet tea and good BBQ, but that's another thread.

I've found a place or two here within 30 minutes of Cinci that was always pretty reliable for seeing deer, even a couple of bucks on occasion and I'm wanting to show a couple of people these spots. This is public land, so no private farm that has "Amish bucks" hiding behind every bush, but a reliable and open hunting area that I've hunted since moving here in 2001. We can do maps or even a walk around if you can spare the time. I was out squirrel hunting this land in late February and found some rubs and bedding areas that I didn't know about myself, lots of trails, quite a bit of sign. Or at least a lot by my East TN deer hunting standard.

Send me a PM or an email. I'd like someone local to be able to benefit from this, someone who may not have access to hunt a decent place otherwise.
Hunting with the bow and arrow involves earning your way by making meat, getting your hands messy in the process and then recognizing your own reflection upon them.
"The Squirrel Chronicles"
Dean Torges

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline trh1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cincinnati area public hunting ground
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 02:35:00 AM »
I hunted with a friend almost in the city limits of Ohio. Lots of big bucks. We stopped at one farmers house and he had a basement full of some tremendous sheds. i think certain areas of Ohio is prime for biguns.

Offline OH at work

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cincinnati area public hunting ground
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 06:15:00 AM »
David,  sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Joe

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©