3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "Traditional Archer's World"  (Read 476 times)

Offline Teacher_of_the_Arcane

• Trad Bowhunter
"Traditional Archer's World"
« on: December 09, 2008, 09:51:00 PM »
Hi All,

I got a post card today from "Traditional Archer's World" which is the new face for "The Bowyers' Journal" that as ceased operations.

The URL   www.tradarchersworld.com,  isn't working as of yet.  The new iteration will be published four times a year at $19 annually.

Any information or insights???
Lobo Lohr -- Old School Hunter

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: "Traditional Archer's World"
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 10:12:00 PM »
I got one also. Hope it is as good as it was.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »
Tom Colstad bought the rights to the Bowyers Journal and has changed the name to Traditional Archers World and will be starting fresh with the magazine.  Tom is very dedicated to this and I have every confidence you will like what he is doing with it.  For one thing, the first issue is just about ready to go, and having worked with Tom in the past on our Wisconsin Traditional Archers newsletters, he is a stickler for deadlines!  I think you will see a big improvement in the timeliness of new issues.

When The Bowyers Journal first started I anted up for three years to help Brian get it up off the ground.  I received the same postcard as you did and plan to sign up for 3 years for Traditional Archers World as well.  I think it will be great to have another viable magazine!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Online toddster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 08:33:00 AM »
How do I get a subscription????????

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 08:39:00 AM »
I would like to sign up as well.

Offline Teacher_of_the_Arcane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 12:45:00 PM »
I hope this is legal....   :readit:  

Traditional Archers' World
PO Box 67
Irma, WI  54442

$19 one year
$36 two years
$53 three years
Lobo Lohr -- Old School Hunter

Offline Jacko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 03:54:00 PM »
Good to see a new look on the way , I only received 3 issues with my first / last years subscription to Bowyers Journel . I will wait and see how it looks - I did enjoy the Bowyers Journel .

regards Jacko
"To my deep mortification my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat- catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.'"

-Charles Darwin

Offline TomMcDonald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 03:56:00 PM »
I'd like to sign up. How so?

Offline WoodSpringer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 04:08:00 PM »
Do any of you know, if back issues of the Bowyer's Journal will still be available for sale?
Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 05:41:00 PM »
Tom, the address above is correct
Traditional Archers' World
PO Box 67
Irma, WI 54442

Phone #715-536-1306  It looks like credit cards are OK, so you could just call.
Not sure on the back issues, but I let Tom know of this thread - maybe he'll check in.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 07:04:00 PM »
Will the new owner honor remaining issues from previous subscriptions? It would be a good thing to do on various levels, including getting sample copies into people's hands.

Offline suburbanirma

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm the one who had renewal cards sent out to recent/present subscribers to the Bowyer's Journal. I had them sent out to anyone whose subscriptions expire during 2008. Expiration dates are indicated on your Fall 08 address labels as 2008-4th, 2009-2nd, etc.
I'm in the process of getting the new Bowyer's Journal Winter 08 issue finalized and hopefully to the printer by Friday.
I intended to change the name of the magazine for this issue to Traditional Archers' World but upon further reflection decided to publish it as The Bowyer's Journal. I want to make sure that I'm not infringing upon anyone's trademarks or such before I actually change the name. My new Web site  www.tradarchersworld  will be up and running with an E-magazine option very soon. (Actually, Tradarchers' World might be a catchy name for this magazine) We (Web designers and me)are ironing out the rough spots now.
As far as subscriptions to The Bowyer's Journal go, they are good for the new magazine, whatever it will ultimately be called.
By the way, TradGang's "Whip" is one of the featured writers/photographers in this issue. He's a pretty talented guy!
Anyway, I've got to get back to tweaking the layout of the magazine.
Have a wonderful holiday season everyone.
Tom Colstad

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 11:46:00 PM »
Got my postcard too. Looks like I'll have to renew that one huh? Very interested to see how it turns out. Best of luck to you Tom on your new endeavor. Skippy
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 12:17:00 AM »
What are the submission guidelines?

Offline suburbanirma

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 08:52:00 AM »
Steve,
Readers are welcome to submit original, unpublished articles, photos, drawings and artwork for publication consideration in The Bowyer's Journal as long as they relate to traditional archery. Manuscripts should be typed, double-spaced and include the author's name and address on every page. E-mail submissions should be in Microsoft Word format or equivalent. Photos should be glossy. Digital photos should be shot in high resolution and submitted as 300 dpi and actual size (4"x6", etc, JPEG or TIFF). Photos for cover consideration should be shot in a vertical (portrait) format.
Upon acceptance for publication, an editorial agreement will be forwarded to the author/artist/photographer for review.
A signed agreement must be returned before any material is published to protect the author and the publisher.
Closing dates for submissions are: Spring (March/April/May), Jan. 1; Summer (June/July/August), April 1; Fall (Sept/Oct/Nov), July 1; and Winter (Dec/Jan/Feb), Oct. 1.
I hope to see many readers become regular contributors to the new magazine because they are its lifeblood and future.
Thanks, everyone! Tom Colstad

Offline suburbanirma

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »
WoodSpringer,
Yes, back issues of The Bowyer's Journal are available still at  www.bowyersjournal.com  and will be at  www.tradarchersworld.com  when new Web site is activated. My Web designer also says that back issues may be available as downloads for e-magazine subscribers. Thanks for asking.
Tom

Offline BMN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 09:44:00 AM »
Has anyone heard from Brian on the Summer '08 issue? I figure we'll probably never see it but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for all your hard work Tom. I look forward to seeing the new mag soon.

Bill
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society
Prairie Traditional Archers
TGMM Family of the Bow

The most frightening thing you are likely to encounter in nature is yourself.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »
I think the last issue that Brian put out was the fall '08 if I'm not mistaken?  Tom took over after that issue, so if we missed an issue it would have been Brian's responsibility.  I kind of doubt he will go back to make it up after the fact at this point.  

I'm just glad to see it in Tom's hands now.  I don't think you'll see that kind of problem going forward.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »
What about advertising rates for the magazine?  Is there somewhere I can get them?

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »
Paul,
Tom would be the guy to ask.  His email address is [email protected]
He might have a new email once his website is up and running, but that one works for now.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©