3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bob Lee TD Longbow/Recurve  (Read 336 times)

Offline carlo1404

• Trad Bowhunter
Bob Lee TD Longbow/Recurve
« on: December 10, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »
Hi, I'm Italian and would your feedback about my new Idea to buy a Bob Lee TD Longbow and an extra set of Recurve Limbs...
In Italy, for 3D shooting Games, the lenght of the LongBow must be over 64" ,for recurve up to 64".
I thing for my 30" draw the right choice is 64" and 62" with the same standard riser.
I have see the signature Grey riser with black lmbs but have a dubt... there are problems to fit the diverse limbs in the same riser...?? I've read thet the recurve limbs are more wide than the longbow limbs... do you know if it's right or not...
And there are other bows who offer the same possibility ??
Thanks from Roma.
Carlo
1974 Bear T/D Mag A + 2016 #3 42#
2005 Bear T/D Two tone A + RER #2 58" 40#
2010 Blacktail Elite VL 60" 43# Myrtyle
2010 Wes Wallace The Partner 62" 46#
2012 Hoyt Buffalo 62" 40#
2015 LB T.Previdi Taipan 64" 45#
Early '70 N.8 Bear Bows

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bob Lee TD Longbow/Recurve
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 11:29:00 AM »
Hi Carlo,

My name is Peter Iacavazzi and I have recently been asked to become the "Pro Staff Director" for Bob Lee bows. In regards to your question: I have sent you a PM.

Thanks, Peter

Offline Mike Byrge@home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 11:45:00 AM »
I've used the LongBow limbs on the Recurve riser and vice-versa with no problems.  Yes the Recurve limbs are a hair wider at the butt-end but they still work fine.

I would go with the 64" recurve though.

Offline DBerrard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 03:21:00 AM »
I see he has discontinued some of his models. Any news on the new models he will offer for sale?

Regards
David

~Kanati Klassic~ 50@26"

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 07:15:00 AM »
Spoke to Bob Lee Monday ,Rob was having back surgery but will be O.K.the new models will soon be out pics at the printer now.Kip

Offline carlo1404

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »
To Peter Iacavazzi
I've sent you a PM....

To all,

in the meantime I've contacted a BobLee reseller and have order a Signature TD Combo Bow (64" Longbow + 62" Recurve Limbs)
Do you think I've do the right thing ?? I sold a Black Widow PSA3 one month ago and want a new bow...
Merry Christmas and HAPPY New Year to all...
Carlo
1974 Bear T/D Mag A + 2016 #3 42#
2005 Bear T/D Two tone A + RER #2 58" 40#
2010 Blacktail Elite VL 60" 43# Myrtyle
2010 Wes Wallace The Partner 62" 46#
2012 Hoyt Buffalo 62" 40#
2015 LB T.Previdi Taipan 64" 45#
Early '70 N.8 Bear Bows

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »
I have had two different Bob Lee bows and they were both good.  The first one was a three piece T/d hunter longbow and the last one was the Elite T/D longbow in solid Bubinga.

As said they were good bows but with all due respect to Bob Lee I think there is much better around for  a lot less money.

My Elite Lee cost 835 USD - by the time I had to pay the exchange rate difference into Australian dollars, freight and tax it cost me nearly 1,500 AUD.

I bought a gorgeous three pice T/d from Jim Jones of Firefly bows.  He had it to my door in a month.  It was the same type of bow as the Lee - three piece T/D longbow.

However the timber combinations are much more varied - you can choose whatever wood you like. The workmanship is much higher class (I had to return my first Bubinga Lee because of bad frosting under the glass and even the second one still had machine marks that had not been sanded out), the bow is whisper quiet and just as fast as my Lee was.

I would look further afield and not just decide on a Lee so quickly.  As I mentioned the Lee Elite was over 800 USD, but my Firefly is a much better bow with a much higher standard of finish and only cost $475 - and that is with Bubinga riser, boo cores and beautiful Figured Ash on the limbs!!

Sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©