3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Toh-Kah Bows?  (Read 257 times)

Offline The Gopher

• Trad Bowhunter
Toh-Kah Bows?
« on: December 10, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »
Does anyone know about these? there isn't a website that i can find. I see that Jim Welch is located just south of me. thanks, Dan.
"The future is, of all things, the thing least like eternity. It is the most temporal part of time, for the past is frozen and no longer flows, and the present is all lit up with eternal rays." ~C.S. Lewis

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Toh-Kah Bows?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »
Is their insignia a seven finger leaf? j/k

But seriously I never heard of them. All I could find is this. Good luck. Might have to snail mail it.

TOH-KAH BOWS

Address: 3010 W. WOODLAND TRAIL N.W. SHAKOPEE, MN 55379  
 Voice:n/a    Fax:n/a
Keywords: CUSTOM BOWMAKER, NATIVE AMERICAN FLAT BOWS, SELF OR SINEW BACKED
South Louisiana Longbow Shooter

The only trophy you'll ever bring home is a good time. The rest is just meat. -SP

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 09:46:00 PM »
You might want to contact Lamont at the Footed Shaft in Rochester for some info. I remember back in the mid 90's the first time I went to Lamonts shop Jim had just left him a couple of osage logs to sell so I know they done some business together. Maybe he knows if he's still around, I havent heard mention of him for a long time now.

Offline B. Butz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 05:32:00 AM »
Jim used to have an ad in Traditional Bowhunter back in the 90s.  He also used to conduct bow making schools (along with Jim Hamm) in Texas and at his place in Minnesota.  Haven't talked to Jim in years.  But if he's still making bows--and last I heard , he was--you better get one while you still can.  He makes awesome osage "character" bows and is a heck of a character himself.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©