3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Widow, RER, or Great Plains  (Read 558 times)

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Widow, RER, or Great Plains
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 09:11:00 AM »
I have several Black Widows 2-PSA's, 2-TF's, a MA and a PSR. I also have 2 RER Arroyo's. the Black Widow guys and RER (Kevin and Sue) are top notch people both very easy to work with. I am currently hunting with my 56" 1999 Black Widow TF III. I shoot this bow better than any bow I have ever owned. My one piece Widows have more mass weight than the one piece RER Arroyo's. Kevin (RER) made my 58" Arroyo in Tiger Ebony with bamboo cores and it's a looker. Buying a bow is a personal choice, in the last 4 years I've bought and sold a few good ones...

Offline Michl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »
I own a GP red river grey and a BW PSA V, the GP is a very good bow-fast,smooth,without handshock, but the Widow is faster(5fps),smoother,more forgiving!
My 3D scores are by far better since I shoot the Widow.
Border CH 64" 42@28
Black Widow PSAV 58" 50@27
Rainy Day RC 62" 40@28

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 03:56:00 PM »
If you're considering a 56" Widow PSR.... try out the 56" PTF.   If I had to have only one bow for everything, that would be it.
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline ChadF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »
Wow! Thanks for all of the opinions guys.That is exactly what I was looking for. Sounds like they are all good bows. I should have told that I draw 28" and I want the shortest bow that I can also enjoy shooting. I dont care about looks. I dont want a pretty bow. I really like the looks of widow graybark and the finish seems the most durable too. I just want something fast and as quiet as possible. I know I can get grey wood at all of these builders also.
   What would you choose for limbs? Bamboo, carbon strips, actionwood? I have owned a lot of high end recurves but I bought them all used. This will be the first one that I buy new and built to my specs. I just want to make sure I do it right so I dont hate the bow.

Offline Bucksnort101

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 11:18:00 PM »
Again, I dont' think you could go wrong with any of the RER bows. His static limbs allow a longer draw shooter to shoot a shorter length bow. In addition they are very quiet and quick. I like both the RER Arroyo's I've owned (a 60" and a 54"), but I liked 54" bow for Turkey hunting so it is the one I kept. You won't have any problems shooting his 54" bow with a 28" draw, I have a 27" draw and have not problems, I know others on the board shoot the 54" Arroyo up to a 30" draw with no problems.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 11:41:00 PM »
Personally, I like the Action Bamboo for a core limb wood.  The carbon can add a few more feet per second, and if that is important enough to justify the additional cost is up to you.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Elk whisperer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 11:04:00 AM »
Shot a GP swift the other day. The quietest bow I have shot.
The older I get the better I was

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©