3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: getiin there!  (Read 205 times)

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
getiin there!
« on: December 12, 2008, 05:11:00 PM »
had to shoot a non traditional bow this season do to my shoulder hurting.  im only 19, but i hurt it last summer, working.  but, i have started drawing my 56 lb longbow,bout 2 weeks ago, not shooting, but just drawing and letting down.  today i drew it, help it dead steady for 15 seconds, and was able to hold for 50 seconds, but not steady enough to shoot. since i began doing this, i have had no shoulder pain. so, it looks like im getting there, hope to be ready next season.  i just bout a 60 lb recurve from a member here, and it should pull around 65 at my 30" draw.  cant wait to get and get shooting!
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: getiin there!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 08:22:00 PM »
Glad to hear that your shoulder is on the mend. I remember when my AC joint was giving me fits, couldn't shoot or even throw a tennis ball. Great feeling to get a pain-free pull of the string on your fingers!

Be smart and cautious!
Killdeer   :thumbsup:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
I use a 35# dumb bell to work my shoulders.  When I can't shoot as much as I want, I use the dumb bell to keep my shoulders in shape.  I especially use it a couple weeks before going to 3D shoots.  Seems to keep my shoulders from getting tired near the end of the shoot.  You might give it a try.  Watch for yard sales you can probably get them really cheap.

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »
Draw your bow as many times with the opposite arm as you do with your normal bow arm. This keeps everything in your shoulders balanced up, less chance of getting injured.

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 06:43:00 PM »
Yes ! Balance and warm-ups... very important.  Good luck !
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©