3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Which one would you choose......?  (Read 510 times)

Offline osiristheclown

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Which one would you choose......?
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 07:50:00 PM »
I would check out the one that is local to you and avoid buying from the auction site. Have you checked the classifieds here? I'm pretty new here too, but I can tell you buying from other members has been a pleasure and I am more than satisfied with my purchases. The people on the auction site are in it for money, tradgang members are in it for the sport. Better to buy from an enthusiast in my opinion.

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 04:47:00 PM »
I shot a Herters for 18 yrs.  A 65# Perfection Stika 66".  I still have it and shoot it a couple times a year, just for "Old Times".  I shot a lot of animials with it.  It is pretty slow by today's bow though.  
A work of advise - don't buy a bow you plan to use from looking at photos.  You really need to string the bow to find out if the limbs are straight.  After all these years since I bought my Herters ( 35 yrs ago) they are just starting to get a little twist in the limbs.  They were good bows and it took a tree to make one.  They really had big risers.  I shot it off an elevated rest because the shelf was so flat.  Even today I shoot off an elevated rest.  Seem to get better arrow flight.

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 05:47:00 PM »
I no Mr Meigs , Saw him at the last Gene Foster shoot in Nov....
    He has been making bows since the last Ice Age....
    He used to make bows for Howard Hill Archery also....
    Shoot his bow and then make a decision....I think you will like it....
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©