3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Longhunter shirt questions  (Read 502 times)

Offline BONES in Virginia

• Trad Bowhunter
Longhunter shirt questions
« on: December 14, 2008, 05:41:00 PM »
I am getting ready to order one of Ron's shirts.I was just wondering how the sizes run.I am a small framed guy.6ft 160lbs.I was wanting enough room for a sweater or something underneath.I was thinking a med but I just want to be sure.Thanks...

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
Re: Longhunter shirt questions
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »
I'd call Ron. He would be the best one to answer that for you. I'm 6'1" and wear mine at a large. I usually wear a long sleeve shirt under but that's it. I have long arms so the Medium would have put the sleeves to short for me.
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »
Yep-Ron is your best bet.  I am 5' and thought no way the small would fit.  Men's small is always huge on me.  Ron said it would be a perfect fit and it was.  Great shirts-you will love them.
Katie
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline myshootinstinks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »
I'm 6'3, 245 and mine is a XL. As I recall the sizes run a little larger than normal. I thought I'd need a 2XL but the XL is plenty big.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »
I got the XXL (against Ron's advice - heh).  I'm 6.4 and 250ish and he's right, it's a bit big on me but I kinda like it like that.  This may be the one garment in my inventory where the sleeves are actually the right size (dang ape arms).

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 08:26:00 PM »
they run big. i recieved an xxl as a gift and i allways wera my shirts big and this fits perfect. i can wear it with just a sweatshirt or wear it over all my wool hunting clothes. i am 5'9', 200 pounds and a xxl will be very big on ya but thats how i like them and i believe in the day thats how they wear used. wear a belt or sash with them and you can carry your lunch, extra clothes and much more by just dropping through the top and using the belt/sash to hiold it tight.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »
Ok what are these shirts that you folk are talking about  :confused:
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 10:27:00 PM »
Lookin good Ken!  Love the quiver.  I wear a back quiver too.  Becomes a pain sometimes while squeezing through thicket.  My husband made me mine for a Christmas gift.  So I will wear it with pride till it dies.  Your quiver's strap has way more character than mine.  Classy looking.
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »
adkmountainken, now THAT is what cold weather hunting clothing should look like.  :thumbsup:
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »
Ken
Where abouts in the Adirondacks do you live. Looks like you are standing in fornt of a whole bunch of nice Shagbark hickory. We don't have any of that around my end of the park
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 08:15:00 AM »
Ken my friend, you better have that big bowie at the small of your back, otherwise I'll be a bit disappointed in you... carrying such a small knife and only one visible!

:bigsmyl:    :campfire:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 05:31:00 PM »
I found the shirt to be perfect. I wear 2XL in most all my shirts and that is what I wear in Ron's Longhunter. Of course the shirt is made to wear over other garments. I would not order the shirt without the hood. The hood is large enough to fit over my hat and to give additional cover.It shield your shoulder heart and lung region from cold and dampness. I'm sold on the product. I've got the lighter weight brown shirt. It is perfect in Texas and Oklahoma.

Offline RightTrailWrongTime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 05:48:00 PM »
I purchased a 2xl from Ron and love it, i just missed out on a deal here on two of them, only wanted a brown one but someone pm'd faster than I did,(dangit). Wish I could have gotten the hood too when I ordered.
I'm 6'4" 260 and the 2x is plenty big. Gonna try and get a light weight brown one(xl) for a late January hog hunt in Oklahoma!
ONLY IN THE WOODS AND FIELDS DO I FEEL ALIVE, LIKE A HUNTER FROM TIMES PAST, ALTHOUGH THE HISS OF MY ARROW GOES FORTH, I AM TAKEN BACK, IT IS MY ESCAPE...

Offline RightTrailWrongTime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 05:53:00 PM »
Ken your outfit looks great, my grey shirt was quite a bit darker than that for some reason but I still love it, waiting on a tomahawk sheath for my belt now- hogs beware.....there will be blood.
A few guys I know hunting last weekend saw me dressed in my "mountainman" outfit and they thought I was grizzly adams. They were cold and I was toasty warm!
ONLY IN THE WOODS AND FIELDS DO I FEEL ALIVE, LIKE A HUNTER FROM TIMES PAST, ALTHOUGH THE HISS OF MY ARROW GOES FORTH, I AM TAKEN BACK, IT IS MY ESCAPE...

Offline Taiga Recurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »
I also have an XL. I am 5'9" 190#s and I have room under it for a heavy wool shirt. I was out last saturday in 4 degree weather with -15 windchill and the only thing that got cold on me was my toes. I had a fleece long underwear shirt, 18oz wool shirt, Long Hunter Shirt, and a predetor zip up jacket and stayed plenty warm. I too wish I had ordered the hood.
"Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye.
Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark!"

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »
I just wished they had a 3X avaiable. you know, one for us tiny guys  :goldtooth:
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline kbaknife

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 06:43:00 PM »
How come I don't have one?
When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom.
Chief Joseph

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »
Better get on that kbaknife.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 08:44:00 PM »
the shirts are great in COLD weather. believe it or not this picture was taken October 20th when we got hit by a quick, hard, COLD snow fall!!!  :scared:    :eek:  

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©