3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Traditional Winter Bow NJ 2...... Pic's added  (Read 6125 times)

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Traditional Winter Bow NJ 2...... Pic's added
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2009, 06:54:00 AM »
Mikey took a few pictures in the parking lot. I'm glad everyone made it home safe and sound.       :scared:       We did cover alot of ground.We all met up at the Hibernia Diner had a great big breakfast and hit the road.I was glad  to see everyone again.       :readit:       We actually did 5 drives I believe. The rubs we saw yesterday!. The trails and runs we saw were amazing too.  .The ground was VERY CRUNCHY AND ICY!       :eek:       That didn't help.But we did kick up some deer. On the second drive I was high man at the base of a ridge. A nice buck got up out of a blowdown on the top. He let me get to around 40/50 yards.He stood up and bolted in the direction we just came from.That same drive Reiner had 4 does in front of him that never hit the standers.The 4th drive pushed out a few.The last one  I pushed 2 or 3 in between Reiner and Alex, no shots. That drive it was snowing so hard I got turned around.       :rolleyes:       Well it worked to our advantage.  . At the end of our day standing in the parking lot we had a buck walk the ridge we just drove.       :banghead:       Hopefully the weather will be a little better next week. It's supposed to be cold. We have to figure out where we want to go.If possible maybe we can do Bear Swamp and Trout Brook up by Vaughns? We didn't do Walpack or Flatbrook-Roy yet either.  Patrick great pictures Bud! Hope to see all you good folks soon!

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2009, 07:29:00 AM »
ICY is an understatement Tom.  :eek:  Soon as I got home I called Cabelas to order them there Yaktrax Traction Devices. Same as Larry wore.  :thumbsup:  They were SOLD OUT!  :(  Even tried QVC... Sold Out Also. Think I'm gonna have to make somethin' myself. (Wife says I'm Nuts!)

Anyway.... It was a great day with all you fellas!

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2009, 07:31:00 AM »
MC Hammer did you try Bass Pro and Orvis? I like falling down and gettin' up and fallin' down.

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline nontypical

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2009, 12:48:00 PM »
Guys had a great time!! Thanks for letting me tag along.Tom yes a PAX Osage&Ironwood.Glad I left when I did,rt. 80 had 7 accidents on my way home!!Again great time with great guys.Here Tom..

BLACK WIDOWS
MORRISON ILF
TITAN/CENTAUR
BLACK MAGIC/CENTUAR
BOB LEES
BIG CHEVYS

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2009, 07:14:00 PM »
Well, if you guys are going out next weekend, I'm gonna try to make it. Lee and I sat all day Saturday. Lee thinks he saw a bear about 150 yards out. Other that that...nothing!

I won't know for sure till Wednesday night. Lee wants to talk to his mother to see if he can stay home to hunt for a few hours Saturday morning.

We can also try a few pushes around here sometime. Sal and I both know a couple of areas pretty well, and there is alot of land around Clinton WMA, although I've only been back there a couple of times in the past few years.

My season will be over January 31. I have surgery scheduled for February 2. God willing, I'll be back in action in plenty of time for Whittingham.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »
Pete good to see you again. I haven't seen you the Spring Whittingham Shoot. Your always welcome Bud! That Widow is a work of art. That bow got more looks yesterday than a naked women on the beach. Eric sounds good Bud hope to see you then. Alex won't be there next weekend. He'll be in Alabama.

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »
Even if Lee stays home to hunt Saturday morning, I'll at least try to meet you guys for the afternoon. Tom, I think I still have your cell #.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »
Eric sent you a PM Bud.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »
Eric sent you a PM Bud.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »
Eric sent you a PM Bud.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »
Holy mackerel, where are the pics from yesterday???????????????????

You guys out East, are killing me...

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2009, 10:34:00 PM »
Gotta work in the afternoon this coming saturday, so I will have to stay local.  Unfortunately, I will be working overnight on the following friday, so I won't get out until the afternoon that saturday.  My January schedule sucks.

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2009, 04:39:00 PM »
Well I work a 24 friday 8am into saturday 8am.  Ill bring my gear if I get a few hours of downtime ill swing up there and do some pushes!!!

You guys doin the Gap again?

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »
Happy me just got into  www.sportsmansguide.com  and ordered a pair of STABILicers Ice Cleats. Now, when I get 'em I'll be slip, fall, crash and idiot proof! Well, kinda.  :rolleyes:

... mike ...

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2009, 10:34:00 PM »
Mike slip fall and crash yea I can see that but that idiot part I don't know about that....gonna take more than ice cleats to help with that!!! Haha just joshin ya bud!

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2009, 11:23:00 PM »
Mike I learned on Sunday at work that there are no gaurentees while wearing those things on your shoes. Don't ask about how I know ok.
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: January 13, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »
you gonna make it deadbolt??
Mike

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #178 on: January 13, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »
If deadbolt shows up, hope he brings the hat he wore at Saw Mill. We can use it for a practice target.    ;)  

... mike ...    :D    ...

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »
Howdy Folks, just checked the weather for Montague Saturday.    :scared:   By the way MC Hammer I'm glad you bought those ice creepers Bud! Now we'll have balmy weather and no snow!   :jumper:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©