3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Traditional Winter Bow NJ 2...... Pic's added  (Read 6112 times)

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Traditional Winter Bow NJ 2...... Pic's added
« Reply #220 on: January 17, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
Whipped too tired to talk now.I guess the balmy -12 degrees this morning did it. Scott and Mikey on the way home Steve and I watched 5 HEALTHY DOES walk across the field on the edge of 560 sunny side push Steve and I did [second drive]. Back of the Table top.  Gotta eat. Hope MC Hammer makes it home OK.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: January 17, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
Was kinda tired on the drive back into the city tonight. Had to stay alert! So... I kept a moving picture in my mind of the walking away shot at Jumboland this morning.....    :D    Guess "dropin' the jelly" will have special meaning for us the rest of our lives.

Won't forget the message Pete had for me as he walked up the hill on the last push of the day.    :eek:    The wind was just right.    :rolleyes:  

Oh Yea... Allow me to add that I messed up "The Corn Field Drive" cause I wasn't payin' attention.   :(  So Sorry... I Bad!

... mike ...    :archer:    ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: January 17, 2009, 08:59:00 PM »
Jelly       :bigsmyl:

Sorry I didn't stay out with you guys. The breakfast was good and glad I worked that first little drive. Had to do some shooting and hang time with Vaughn. New bows shot great! Had fun stumpin the swamp.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: January 17, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
heya boys sorry we didn't shoot anything maybe next time.  took me a bit over 3 hours to get home b/c i had to go back to work for a few minutes.

but it was all worth it b/c when i got home my new bob lee was waiting for me!!! 64" 56@28 man this thing shoot like a dream!!!  can't wait to break it and and set her up properly!

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: January 18, 2009, 10:07:00 AM »
Well,  I'm glad everyone made it home safe and sound!Tom I forgot you had the longest ride. I want to thank you and Pete for the food and the reinforcements! Can you say HORSE RADISH!Venison Salami. It was good to see Joe from Franklin again.Yeh JELLY! WOOOFAAA! MC Hammer you did that on purpose! Saturday morning was he first time I saw -14 degrees on the Thermometer on the Yellow Cottage Deli .Jerry good to see you in Jumboland. We only had 6 for the County Garage Drive. Jerry and I pushed Scott, Mike,Steve, and MC stood.When I went in I pushed them out but the wrong way. I did push some turkeys back to Jerry. It was tuff, very cold. Jerry went to see Vaughn. Down to 5. We decided to push the sunny slope on the back of the Table Top.Steve and I drove.Some spots were so thick only  a bird dog could get threw. I lost my hat twice.The beds, and sign in that area was unbelievable. NOTHING.Right after that we hookd up with Tom, Pete and Joe.  We decided to push the hedgerows around the standing corn.Sun was on the corn too. Well if we did it the way we planned Joe or someone would have had a shot. I heard something coming at me threw the corn, I nocked an arrow, got ready to draw only  to have MC pop out." Couldn't pass up all the fresh tracks in the corn" he said. You didn't mess up Bud. Joe walked half way threw the hedgerow and a lone deer [probably a button buck] got up and stopped around 30/35 yards in front of him.Went into   the next corn field. No shot. After some snacks we drove down Old Mine Road . I stopped, we had a few deer in the cut corn feeding.Decided to let them be.Next was a push on some heavy pines Pete and myself used to hunt. NOTHING. Plenty of beds,tracks and sign again. On the way to the next drive I jammed on the brakes. MC almost rearended me. Saw a deer maybe 2. Got out of the truck and did a couple bleats had this deer coming back at me. I left my bow in DEADBOLTS truck. She decided all these folks in trucks wasn't right and took off. Bamboo thought I was getting ready to pet her. We did one more drive that again had plenty of sign but no deer.Seems like they were a step ahead of us all day. We covered a bunch of ground ,thickets, Sunny side of hills,cornfields and pines seems like these deer knew we were coming. Needless to say I wouldn't have passed up this day for anything. Great bunch of guys!

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: January 18, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »
Man,

I got tired just reading the story Bud...

Great adventure....

:campfire:

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: January 18, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »
Larry I have your two tree seats from DEADBOLT give me a call.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: January 18, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »
"Great Bunch Of Guys" is an understatement. Gotta be there to see how this crew works as a team. Only wish I got involved sooner.

... mike ...  :archer:  ...

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: January 18, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »
YOOOO HAMMER! How cold was it? Cold enough to freeze Mikey Bamboos digital camera.

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: January 18, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »
Tom I just picked up the seats. Nice job bud thank you.
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: January 18, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »
So are we going back to Wild Cat Ridge next Sat? We still know drives we didn't touch last week. What do you guys think......
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: January 18, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »
I'm only the FNG so I can't make that decision.  :(

... mike ...

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: January 18, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »
just as we were getting our packs on to start the 2nd push a NJ trooper stopped and asked if we were F%$@# crazy!!his expression was pricless!!
 it had probably warmed up to -9* by then!!
Mike

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: January 18, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »
But he (the trooper) knew the answer to that question before he asked us! I mean... Just take a look at us.  :eek:  

... mike ...

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: January 18, 2009, 09:05:00 PM »
Hey MC Mike Your opinion is just as important as the next guy. What do you think?

Bamboo Mike I wonder how many tickets that trooper wrote that day being so darn cold...  :eek:  Are you game for next Saturday?
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: January 18, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
Hibernia ... Jumboland ... Hibernia ... Jumboland ... Hibernia is closer to me but Jumboland has JELLY!  :jumper:

I'd like to leave it up to you "Group Leaders". All the same,same to me. I'm game for whatever, unless ya want to vote on it.

... mike ...

Offline Pegen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: January 19, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »
Brrr, I'm getting cold just by reading your stories. Very nice read, keep'em coming, guys

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: January 19, 2009, 02:05:00 PM »
Bet I knew the trooper Mike.     :biglaugh:
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: January 19, 2009, 04:24:00 PM »
Mikey bamboo I completely forgot about the trooper!!!       :readit:       I sure would like to check out WALLPACK especially around the INN.      :saywhat:

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: January 19, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »
Hey What about The Skipper!!?? Does he still have to work this Saturday?   :banghead:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©